𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖙𝖜𝖔. 𝔪𝔞𝔶𝔟𝔢 𝔦 𝔥𝔞𝔳𝔢 𝔣𝔢𝔢𝔩𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔰 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔶𝔬𝔲

𝕶𝖔𝖑 & 𝕷𝖎𝖓𝖆

Lina stands up from her desk and picks up her ringing phone from off her bed

Lina stands up from her desk and picks up her ringing phone from off her bed. "Hey, Elena," she answers, "what's up?"

"Where are you?" she asks, "You're supposed to be here."

Lina sighs and places her hand on her forehead, "shit, I forgot. I'm sorry, it's just- there's a lot on my mind right now."

"I know. I understand. Just promise me you'll be here. Jeremy is already complaining."

"I promise. See you soon, Lena."

***

Lina enters the Square and reads the banner. "Movie in the Square Presents Gone With the Wind," she reads to herself. She looks around and sees a few girls dressed up for the event before spotting Jeremy and Elena.

"Hey, guys," she smiles, "how are we doing tonight?"

"We're having fun," Elena says, "We need this."

"You brought me to see a girl movie," Jeremy complains.

Elena places her hand on his shoulder, "we had to get out of the house, Jer. This is our three-hour distraction from reality."

"Is that what we're doing? Pretending like our lives aren't screwed?"

"He's right, Elena," Lina agrees, "There's too much going on and we can't just pretend like everything is okay when it's not. Even if it's just for three hours."

"We need to do this, okay? Breathe, eat, sleep, wake up, and do it all over again until one day, it's just not as hard anymore," she says and unfolds a blanket and puts it on the ground. Elena kneels on it. Caroline arrives with a couple of baskets and places them in the middle of the blanket.

"Hey! There you guys are. Who's hungry?"

"Are we really doing this?" Jeremy asks.

"Yes, we are really doing this," Caroline answers. "We are going to take a page from Scarlett. We made it through the war." She kneels down on the blanket as well. "I know you guys went through hell, and my mom knows I am a vampire, so basically it's like Atlanta has burned. And yet, in spite of everything, we persevere."

"All right," Jeremy sighs and sits down with them. "What are we eating?"

"Something good," Caroline replies.