𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗. 𝔫𝔬𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔦𝔰 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔴𝔞𝔶 𝔦𝔱'𝔰 𝔰𝔲𝔭𝔭𝔬𝔰𝔢𝔡 𝔱𝔬 𝔟𝔢, 𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔦𝔰 𝔯𝔲𝔦𝔫𝔢𝔡

𝕷𝖎𝖓𝖆

Lina sits on top of a comfy bed

Lina sits on top of a comfy bed. With lavender silk sheets and a mattress that feels like a cloud.

She looks around with a smile on her face. When she looks back to where she was previously sitting, she finds Kol. "Kol?" she grins and rushes up to him, hugging him tightly. "It feels like I haven't seen you in forever," she says.

Kol looks at her with tears in his eyes, "Yes, I know the feeling, darling."

She looks at him quizzically, "What do you mean? What's wrong?"

He shakes his head, "Absolutely nothing, Lina. Everything is perfect."

She nods and lays down on one of the pillows. Kol places his head down next to her, staring into her eyes, "You are beautiful," he tells her.

"Thank you," she grins, "But Kol, something has to be up. You're being weird."

"Evelina," he starts, "you're sleeping right now."

She nods, "Yeah, duh. You sort of got me addicted to it."

Before coming here, Kol knew that Lina wouldn't know about her coma. But he wasn't sure what the extent of it would be. But based on her sentence, she must think that Kol is the one still asleep, not her.

He laughs, deciding to play along with Lina, "Have you ever thought what it would be like when I wake up?"

"All the time," she smiles, "I imagine everything. All the things we can laugh about together. All of the dates or the nights spent in. Every little thing two people in love can experience."

"I do the same," Kol admits, "I can't wait to feel your warm hugs because I know you give the best ones. I can't wait to hear your laugh and see your beautiful smile in real life. And I promise you, Lina, I will give you adventure like you've never had before. And I thank you for making my life so much better by just living. I will always hold you close and safe and warm. Because you're my sunflower."

"Sunflower," she whispers and slowly smiles, "I like it."

Kol has tears now coming out of his eyes as he brushes some hair out of Lina's blissfully unaware face, "I knew you would."

Lina sits up, causing Kol to do the same, "Kol, tell me what's wrong. I know that something is bothering you."

"Lina..." he trails off, "I'm dead."