𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓. 𝔰𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔞 𝔡𝔢𝔞𝔡

𝕮𝖆𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖊

Lina knocks on my door, asking for permission to enter

"Hi," her voice is hoarse and it looks like she's nervous "I left the thing for the mayor to see you."

I nod and look down, fiddling my fingers.

"Sorry for not coming sooner," she apologizes "there was a lot going on with John, Jeremy, and Damon."

"Damon?" I ask as my head looks up at her.

She sighs and runs her hands down her thighs "it's not like that, Care."

"Yeah, I'm sure it's not," I mumble.

"I had this room when I was here. Remember? When I almost died and you didn't visit."

"I was mad at you, Lina," I pause and sigh "I know you can be a bitch sometimes but I didn't think you could do that to me."

"Damon and I broke up, Caroline," she tells me and places her hands on the railing of my bed "when I thought you were gonna die... I felt horrible. And I'm sorry for not coming earlier. I would've but I almost died in a fire last night and I... there's no excuse. But I'm just so sorry."

"I'm not mad at you for not coming earlier, Lina!" I shout at her but then lower my voice and take a deep breath to calm down. "I'm mad because you had sex with my boyfriend and then when we broke up you pursued a relationship with him. And then on top of that, you disappear for months without a word!"

She nods "Okay, I get it, I'm a horrible person. But Damon wasn't worth it, you are worth everything Caroline. You're my best friend and I'm sorry."

"You never say you're sorry," I whisper.

A smile tugs at her lips "unless I really mean it, which I do. I love you."

"I love you too."

***

𝖓𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖆𝖙𝖔𝖗

As Lina paints at her easel, Kol suddenly pops up in front of her which startles her. "God, you have to stop doing that," she whispers as she places down her paintbrush.

He cracks a smile at what she said before his face goes serious again. "Elena's room. Now."

Lina furrows her eyebrows and stands up. When she walks into the hallway she comes across Jeremy. "Do you hear that?" she asks.