Prologue

At Sehgal Mansion

A pot of rice was kept at the doorstep and Sumithra was standing near the entrance with an aarthi plate waiting for her son and her daughter-in-law to arrive. Soon a car enters into the Mansion, Mahir and Bela get down from the car and stand near the entrance, Rohini comes with a plate of alta, Sumithra and Rohini smile looking at them and they do their aarthi. Sumithra and Rohini do her grahapravesh, Bela was then taken to Mahir's room by Mahir's cousin Kuhu, she chuckles leaving Bela in Mahir's, now also her room "All the best Bhabhi (Sister-in-law)". She goes out of the room and waits for Mahir, when Mahir was about to enter she stops him giggling "Bhai (brother) not so fast", he looks at her "What do you want", Kuhu smiles "Pay up Bhai...the only you can go in", he smiles looking at her "What do you want", Kuhu forwards her hand "Promise me that you'll try to be happy with Bhabhi without thinking about the past", Mahir's expression hardens hearing her but soon composes himself, he ruffles her hair and goes into his room.

He enters his room and finds Bela standing in the balcony of their room, he calls her "Bela", she turns around hearing him and she goes back into the room "Your luggage is kept in the closet...you can go and change in the bathroom...I don't think you want to sleep in this uncomfortable and heavy dress". She nods and goes to take her pajamas, she comes out wearing a floral pajamas, Mahir had also changed into his tracks and t-shirt. Mahir was arranging his pillow and blanket on the couch, Bela looks at him "I'll sleep on the couch Mahir ji...you can take the bed...it will be uncomfortable for you", Mahir shakes his head "No Bela...it's okay I can manage on the couch", she was about to open her mouth to say something but he cuts her to it "Bela I said right I can manage". She with no other choice takes the bed, she was adjusting the pillow on the bed when he calls her again, she stops her work but doesn't turn around "Bela...the divorce papers are ready...you can sign them whenever you want to...even if you want this divorce to happen before three months into this marriage as we had decided also you can just tell me", her eyes glisten with tears, she just nods not trusting her voice.

They both lie down in their respective places, Mahir falls into sleep being tired but Bela even though being tired was not able to fall asleep, she was not able to understand how her life changed in just 10 days, Bela turns around to face him while he was sleeping peacefully, her eyes brim with tears, why can't you give our relationship a chance Mahir ji...I wish I could tell you what I feel for you, she thinks of the day she went to meet him before their wedding was fixed,

She was really excited to see him, he was her crush since how long even she didn't, when she came to know 3.5 years back that he is getting married to his love she was heart broken but she didn't show it to anyone and attended all his marriage rituals putting a small smile on her face, seeing the smile on his face was enough for her. When she came to know that 6 months into the marriage his wife left him she wanted to comfort him, she used to go to Sehgal Mansion stating to meet Vish but she would secretly check whether Mahir is fine or not. 3 years later, Ajitabh and Vishakha came out to their family and told them that they were in love with eachother, with this Mahir's marriage topic was brought up again and they were here as Mahir requested to talk to Bela after their marriage gets fixed.

They met at a cafe, Bela was silently sipping her cold coffee while Mahir was looking at the vapours rising from his coffee cup thinking how to start. To Mahir, Bela was just Vish's friend and his dad's best friend's daughter, he had never even talked to her properly once, it was either a 'Hi' or 'Bye', if he sees her with Vish, now when everyone were talking about their marriage he wanted to make sure that she is okay with this marriage and what she thinks of this marriage. Mahir makes up his mind and starts "Bela", she looks up at him leaving her coffee, he starts "Are you really okay with this marriage?...I mean do you have anyone in your life...did anybody force you", she looks at him surprised and thinks, it's my dream come true to marry you...it's only you I like...how could I not be happy with this marriage Mahir...I'm so happy, she doesn't answer and keeps looking at him so he snaps his fingers in front of her "Bela what are you thinking...if there is anyone please tell me", she shakes her head "No I don't have anyone and nobody is forcing me Mahir ji...Dad asked me to get married to you and I can do anything for my dad...and moreover you are Vish's brother I know you...what could be more better than this", Mahir "Okay...but you know right this is my second marriage" Bela looks at him "That doesn't matter to me Mahir ji...we are being united to be together for the future your past doesn't impact our future", Mahir smiles looking at her "You are very understanding and mature Bela...you should really find a good man for yourself", she looks at him shocked while he continues "I don't think I can be that man...I don't know if this marriage deal is for me...I gave a nod only for Maa and papa...Look Bela I don't believe in love or marriage so please don't expect anything from me...nor will I expect anything from you...three months into the marriage we can go our separate ways stating that we are not compatible...and then you can find a good man for you...are you okay with this?", she was shocked she was not sure how to react, though she had agreed to get married to him for her father she liked him, that was also one of the reason why she agreed to get married to him but here he was telling that their marriage would last only 3 months and then they would go their separate ways, she couldn't say no to him now she had promised her father that she will marry him, she controls her tears threatening to fall from her eyes and replies "Okay", that day her heart broke once again, this time her heart ached more thinking of him, she had cried her heart out sitting in her room.

Now thinking of it again her eyes kept pouring fresh tears, there was nothing else she could do other than hope that in the coming three months his mind changes.

Since some of you asked me to write on Behir❤️...this one is going to be on our Behir❤️

Do let me know your views on the storyline💖

Will start this post 'When it's meant to be...the stars seem to glisten'

Happy Reading 💙

Yours lovingly
-Dharini