Chapter 6

The pre wedding rituals were taking place in full swing, it was the day of Vish and Bela's Mehendi. All the men were sent to the Sharma's farmhouse while the women were at Sehgal's farmhouse where the ceremony was taking place, Bela and Vish were getting their Mehendi applied, Kuhu goes near Bela "Bela di...I mean Bela bhabhi please make sure that Bhai's name is hidden well...even if you don't want gifts from bhai when he doesn't find his name in your hand I'll take those gifts", Rohini chuckles "Kuhu your bhai will be busy with your bhabhi okay he won't have time to search his name", Kuhu also smiles "Maa we'll send Bhai inside the room only after he finds his name in bhabhi's hand", Bela blushes while Rohini chuckles and pulls Kuhu's ears "Too naughty you are becoming Kuhu...go get your Mehendi...(she turns to Bela)...don't mind her Bela", Bela smiles "It's okay Aunty", Rohini smiles and caresses Bela's cheeks "You can call me choti Maa or chachi", Bela smiles "Okay Chachi", Rohini smiles and leaves from there. The mehendi artist asks her the name of her groom "Mahir", she writes Mahir's name in Bela's hand and shows it to Bela, Bela smiles looking at it "Ye naam nahi mitega na (This name won't go off right)", the mehendi artist smiles "Ji nahi (no)".

Bela was just relaxing after her mehendi had been applied when someone approaches her, "Hi Bela right?", Bela didn't know who the person is, she just greets her "Hi I'm Bela...you are?", "I'm Tara... Mahir's best friend Vyom's wife...and this is our daughter Mayra", Bela smiles "Ohh Hii I didn't know", Tara smiles at her "I know it's okay...can we talk Bela if you are not busy", Bela smiles and nods "Sure...anyways I'm done with my mehendi". They both sit down at a table "So Bela are you happy that you are going to marry Mahir", Bela smiles "Yeah I'm", Tara "Bela I know Mahir since college...he, Vyom and myself have been best friends...and I know him enough to know that he wouldn't have agreed to this wedding just like that...he would have definitely said something about it to you...I won't ask you what it is because I'm pretty sure I know...but you seem like a person who can understand him and help him come out of his fears", Bela smiles a little "He did say this relationship can last only 3 months...but I'll try my best to change his perspective...I know I have heard all about Anu so I can understand it's been hard for him...I don't know if I will succeed but I'll try to give my 100 % to this relationship because I really want this marriage with him to last...I really want to be with him", Tara smiles looking at Bela "Thank you thank you so much Bela...but yes there is a part of his past which nobody in this family knows...it's just me and Vyom who were there with him...he has really been through a lot Bela...when your love leaves you once you get hurt but you recover...what if the same thing happens again...you trust them again but this time they break you completely...it's not easy...he has been hurt twice dear...he's still hurting thinking of it...he puts up a smiling face in front of everyone but the pain behind that is too much...". Tara was on the verge of tears, Bela was not sure what had happened, this was a new piece of information for her but she wanted to know what happened that broke Mahir so much, she wanted to be there for him, she wanted to heal him, "Tara if you...", She trails off not knowing whether or not to ask her, Tara wipes her tears and smiles a little "You need to know this Bela...then only you can understand him completely...I think you know about him getting married to Anu and then 6 months later their divorce happened when she had left him saying that she is in love with someone else...now what I'm about to tell you happened almost 3 months after she left him..."

2.8 years ago....

It had been 3 months since Mahir's divorce with Anu, he was slowly coming back to his old self, spending time with family and friends. That day he had been out with Vyom as he had dragged him along for shopping baby's stuff. Mahir "Seriously Vyom you should have brought Tara not me", Vyom looks at Mahir "Come on Mahir...can't you help me in little shopping for the baby", Mahir hits his head "Do you know what to shop for the baby...(Vyom shakes his head)...nor I do...now will you tell me what are we going to buy", Vyom smiles sheepishly "Hehe..Let me ask Tara", Mahir shakes his head at his best friend "You are the craziest...poor Tara...atleast should have brought her along" Vyom looks at him "No no...not poor Tara...poor me...you don't know Mahir what it is handling her mood swings", Mahir laughs at him "You were in a hurry right...now enjoy...ask Tara what should we buy let me look for toys for my niece/nephew", Vyom nods and goes to make a call.

Mahir keeps looking for toys when he bumps into someone "Sorry...", his words trail off as he sees the person in front of him shocked, "Anu....". She looks at Mahir and smiles "Mahir...(she hugs him)...how are you?", Mahir was still in shock so, he didn't hug her back. When she felt that he didn't hug her back she backs off and snaps her hand in front of him bringing him out of his trance, he turns around to leave but she stops him "Mahir won't you talk to me", Mahir "Look Anu I don't want to create any scene so please leave my hand", she looks at him "Just 5 minutes Mahir talk to me...please Mahir", Mahir sighs "Fine just 5 minutes". She takes him to the food court "Tell me Mahir what do you want to eat...I know...let me order your usual cappuccino", Mahir was looking at her like she has gone mad "Anu I'm not here to have anything...I need to leave...if you have nothing to talk", Anu sighs and sits down "I'm sorry Mahir...I got excited seeing you...I did the stupidity of letting you go for someone like shaan...I realised how much you love me and care for me in the 2 months with Shaan...I have realised how wrong I was...I was not sure how to talk to you...(she holds his hand and looks at him with eyes filled with tears)...I miss you Mahir...I love you...I want to be with you...this time I won't repeat my stupidity...please Mahir", Mahir was surprised and shocked with her confession "Anu...no...I can't...I can't...", Vyom just then sees Mahir with Anu and storms to them "What the hell...how dare you Anu...let him be happy...why have you come back now". Mahir's eyes were filled with tears hearing her, he loved her dearly, in fact he still loves her, he had been trying his best to not think of her but now that she was right in front of him and asking him to take her back his mind and heart were at battle, his brain kept warning him, don't Mahir she has already betrayed you once she won't mind doing it again but his heart kept supporting her, she realised her mistake Mahir...she just got distracted she still loves you...just give her one more chance. Anu goes and stands in front of him "One more chance Mahir...please this time I won't repeat my mistake...I have realised my mistake...please Mahir", Vyom shakes his head "If given chance you will break my buddy all the more...no let's go Mahir", Mahir doesn't say anything just keeps looking at Anu, Vyom takes him away from there to the parking. Mahir's eyes keep pouring fresh tears after seeing Anu, Vyom hugs him "No Mahir don't think about her...you deserve so much better than her...she keeps switching sides...don't think about her", Mahir breaks down hugging him "I still love her Vyom".

That's all for now guys.
Hope you all like it❤️
Happy Reading 💙
Yours lovingly
-Dharini