Chapter 7

Vyom takes Mahir to his home and tries consoling him "Mahir buddy don't think about people who did not value you", Mahir looks at Vyom, his eyes still pouring tears "She said she still loves me", Tara sits next to Mahir and hugs him "No Mahir...don't believe her...she did this before also", Mahir's heart was still trying to convince him to give her a chance "What if she has realised her mistake...Tara she was crying...how can I let her...", Tara "No Mahi...if she can leave you after 4 years of your relationship and 6 months of marriage...don't you think she will do it again...we don't want you to get hurt again", Vyom also hugs him "Mahir we will always be there for you buddy...that girl doesn't deserve you...and as Tara said I don't want you to get hurt again...we love you...I know it will be hard for you to stay away from her...I know how much you loved her...still love her but it's your best we want Mahir". Mahir wipes his tears and just nods hugging his two friends, his brain kept saying that they are right but his heart was still in a turmoil wanting to give her a chance, but he controlled his heart convincing himself that his brain is right.

As days passed, Anu kept trying to contact him, trying to meet him, no matter how much Mahir tried he couldn't stop himself from thinking of her. He was on a call with Vyom "Vyom yaar please...she has been trying to contact me since a month...and I have been ignoring her as I promised but maybe...maybe there is a chance she actually realised her mistake...I should give her a chance Vyom". Vyom sighs finally giving up, not knowing how to convince him, even he had started to doubt whether Anu had actually changed with all the efforts she had been trying to put in winning Mahir back "Mahir I really don't know what to say yaar...", Mahir "I want to give her a chance Vyom...I love her and with all her efforts she has been putting I know she does too...please don't stop me Vyom", Vyom tries again "Mahir I really don't want you to get hurt again", but Mahir was hell bent on giving her a second chance. That's what Love makes us do, no matter how much the person hurts we end up giving into them when we see even the slightest of effort from them and that's what Mahir did, he ended up forgiving her. Though Vyom and Tara were still not completely convinced that Anu has realised her mistake, they didn't have any arguments to convince Mahir otherwise.

Vyom and Tara were continuously trying to keep an eye on Anu and making sure that she doesn't end up hurting Mahir again. Mahir had not informed his family about Anu again, he was just happy being with her but his happiness was not long lasting, she again left him heart-broken, this time just with a letter,

Dear Mahir,

I'm sorry for doing this again. I guess we aren't meant to be. I'm sorry Mahir. I love Shaan. I had fought with him when I met you, I know it's no excuse for what I did but it's just that I couldn't feel for you the same way I feel for Shaan. I hope you will find someone who loves you the way you love me, I'm sorry Mahir.

His happiness only lasted a month and again she broke his heart, this time shattering it completely. He was numb seeing the letter, his heart was a wreck, his eyes kept pouring tears, Vyom kept trying to making him speak but Mahir had gone completely silent not even uttering a single word. Vyom couldn't see his best friend in that state, his eyes were glistening with tears "Mahir...Mahir say something...", He hugs him but Mahir still wasn't showing any reaction "I'm sorry buddy I should have stopped you...please talk to me Mahir...Mahirr...". Vyom finally shakes him bringing him to his senses "Mahir say something", Mahir looks at Vyom "She left me...she left me again...am I that bad Vyom...couldn't I give her the love she needed", Vyom hugs him "No buddy she couldn't see how great you are...it's her loss...No Mahir please don't cry...". Tara also goes and hugs him "Mahir she doesn't deserve you baby...please don't cry", he breaks down completely hugging her "Am I that bad Tara...she rejected me not once but twice...something must be wrong with me right that's why she left me...I must be a bad husband and a bad boyfriend", Tara caresses his face "No Mahir...she couldn't see how great you are...you are not a bad husband and a bad boyfriend...she doesn't deserve you...you will get someone who will love you whole heartedly baby...shhh...don't think about her...she is just not for you". Vyom and Tara somehow calm him down, he had made them promise that his family wouldn't come to know about his encounter with Anu again.

Flashback ends...

Mayra was running her and there asking for her 'Mahi', "A few days later Mayra was born and she became his whole world...his day starts with a 'Good morning Mahi' from her and ends with a 'Good night Mahi' from her...(Tara looks at Mayra)...More than us she loves spending time with her Mahi...she waits for the weekends so that she gets to spend time with him...so does he...after that incident Mahir started living only for his family and friends...he has completely forgotten about his life...his happiness...even after everything he never blamed Anu he just kept thinking something is wrong with him...no matter how we try to convince him he still thinks it's him who went wrong...me and Vyom keep trying to bring back the old fun loving Mahir but that Mahir is lost somewhere". Bela was in tears hearing what happened to him, "Mahir ji has been through so much", Tara just smiles a little "I know Bela I have dumped too much information on you and it's not easy for you to also take in and think so much...I just wanted you to understand Mahir's perspective", Bela blinks back her tears "No it's not too much information...thank you for letting me know about this...I'll try my best to bring back that fun loving Mahir who you all miss so much...he has suffered a lot but not anymore...I'll do everything I can to make Mahir ji happy". Tara smiles and hugs Bela "Thank you Bela", Mayra comes running to Tara "Mumma where Mahi", Tara makes Mayra sit on her lap "Mahi is with Dadda...now you say hi to Bela Chachi", Mayra looks at Bela and smiles "Hi Belu", Bela smiles "Hi Mayra Baby", Tara looks at Mayra "Mayra she is your chachi..she is going to marry Mahi...say Bela Chachi", Mayra shakes her head and looks at Bela with a pout "Belu...will you take Mahi away", Bela smiles at her cuteness "No baby I won't take your Mahi away from you...and it's okay Tara Mayra can call me Belu", Mayra smiles forwards her hand "Friend". Bela looks at her hand filled with Mehendi and pouts, Mayra moves forward and kisses her cheek making Bela smile.

After Tara and Mayra leave Bela goes to wash off her mehendi, she sits in her room thinking, hearing everything that Mahir had gone through the respect and the feelings that she had for him increased considerably, I didn't know he hides so much pain behind his smile...I always saw his cute smile but the pain behind it I failed to notice...I promise you Mahir ji one day I will make sure you will have a genuine smile on your face...I know you said this relationship of ours will last only 3 months but I'm just hoping I'll be able to change your perspective on our marriage...I want to be with you for life Mahir ji...(she looks at his name in her hand)...I want this name of yours imprinted in my hand for life...I don't know Mahir ji if what I felt for you till now is just an infatuation or not...but these emotions that I feel for you keeps growing strong the more I get to know about you and also with passing time...I promise you Mahir ji I'll try my best to fill our life with all the happiness possible.

That's all for now guys.
Hope you all like it❤️
Happy Reading 💙
Yours lovingly
-Dharini