Chapter 24

Bela and Mahir leave from Vaidehi Nivas by evening, Bela turns to Mahir "Where are we going Mahir ji?", Mahir smiles "It's a surprise", Bela pouts "Batayiye na Mahir ji (Tell na Mahir)", Mahir chuckles "No Bela I'm not going to tell you...you can see for yourself when we reach there", she huffs and turns to the other side "Bhot bure ho aap (Very bad you are)...You know na I hate surprises", Mahir chuckles "Yeah yeah I know". It had been an hour and still they had not reached, Bela again turns to him "Mahir ji it's been an hour...please tell na where are we going", Mahir smiles "Few more minutes Bela...patience", she looks around the place "Are we going to food street", Mahir shakes his head, Bela sighs and turns around looking outside "Mahir jiiiii I'm hungry", Mahir chuckles "Tell me one thing...how do you stay for so much time in office without eating", Bela turns to him "There I will have work in that I won't remember...now I'm bored", Mahir smiles "Accha take my blazer from the backseat", Bela looks at him confused "Why", "Take it na Bela", she takes his blazer and forwards it to him "Check the pockets", as told she checks the pockets and finds a chocolate, her face lights up on seeing the chocolate. Mahir looks at her smiling "Now happy?", Bela grins happily eating the chocolate. Mahir turns to her "What about me?", Bela looks at him and just shrugs "I don't share my chocolate Mahir ji", Mahir pouts "Not fair...I brought the chocolate Bela", Bela was busily eating the chocolate "So...", "So you should share", "Not happening Mahir ji...you are already not telling me where we are going...so you won't get the chocolate", Mahir huffs "Huh!! We'll see when we reach there".

Soon they reached the place, it was Sehgal's farmhouse, Bela looks at him shocked and the chocolate falls down from her hand "Ma..Mahir ji". Mahir chuckles looking at her, he knew she would be shocked when he would take her to the farmhouse but this was the place where they would get complete privacy for what he wanted to tell her. He had arranged for the dinner in the backyard of the farmhouse with the help of Tara and Vyom. He parks the car and turns to her "Yes Bela", Bela keeps looking at him shocked "Wh...why fa..fa.. farmhouse", he smiles "Surprise". He gets down from the car and opens her door, she was still in a shock, she gets down "Mrs.Sehgal why are you so shocked", she comes out of her shock and looks at him "You...you sa...said di...dinner", he looks at her "So...can't we have dinner here", she looks elsewhere "wa...we can".

Mahir takes her to the backyard where there was a candle light dinner setup for two

Mahir takes her to the backyard where there was a candle light dinner setup for two. Bela was surprised seeing it, she gulps and turns to Mahir "Umm Ma...Ma..Mahir ji", Mahir looks at her "How is it Mrs.Sehgal?", she gulps and looks elsewhere "Na...na...nice". She looks at the table setup and thinks, Umm...why this candle light dinner setup...that too in the farmhouse....is Mahir ji going to say something. She was busy in her thoughts when Mahir holds her hand and intertwines their fingers, she looks at him startled as he intertwines their fingers, her eyes widen to the size of tennis ball, she gulps and looks at him. She was already nervous looking at the setup and now he was holding her hand, Mahir takes her near the table and makes her sit down, she just keeps looking at him like in a trance. Mahir pulls his chair closer to her and sits down in front of her, he takes hold of her other hand also, he looks at her and calls her softly "Bela...I want to tell you something", she just nods still looking at him.