Chapter 23

Just as Bela enter her home someone shouts from behind the door "Boooo", it was her brother Ajitabh, she looks at him and rolls her eyes "Seriously bhai...I'm not a kid", Ajitabh rolls his eyes "Yeah says the girl who's still scared of cockroaches and lizards", she just ignores him and goes to her mom "Mumma why is he here still and not in office", Ajitabh "I heard my monkey🐒 is coming home...I didn't want the house to turn into a zoo in one day...so I thought to stay at home till the monkey leaves", she huffs and turns to her mom "Mumma tell him I'm not a monkey", Ajitabh chuckles and looks at his mom "Mumma I didn't say that she is the monkey...but if she considers herself as one then it's not my problem", She huffs and turns to her mom again, before Bela could open her mouth her mom answers "you both started again...and Ajit she has come after so many days stop troubling her". Ajitabh looks at Bela "Who asked this monkey to come Maa", She glares at him "My house I'll come whenever I want to", Ajitabh looks at her "Ohh you remember...I thought you forgot that being with your Mahir ji", Bela blushes at the mention of Mahir "Shut up".

Ajitabh had taken half a day leave when he heard that Bela was coming home, though he would never admit it, he was missing her not being at home. Bela was talking to her Mumma while she was feeding Bela her favourite laddoos, her mother then goes to prepare lunch while Ajitabh takes her to her room. Bela looks at him as he closes the door "What happened bhai", Ajit looks at her "You tell what happened Bela...did you tell Mahir what you feel for him", Bela shakes her head "No bhai", Ajit looks at her and smacks her head "Before you were not sure what you feel for him...now when you know that you love him why are not saying it...What were you doing in the trip", she rubs her forehead and glares at him "Bhai I did want to...but sometimes with the way he looks at me...whatever I want to say gets stuck in my throat...nothing comes out...I end up blurting out something stupid and embarrassing myself", Ajit looks at her "Pagal hai tu (Mad you are)...confess it soon Belu", Bela sighs "I will try", he side hugs her "I can see from the way he cares for you how much you mean to him...I'm sure he will understand", she smiles "I know he will and he will even accept to stay in this relationship for me...but I want him to do this because we both want to not just because I want to".

They both continue their talks, soon their talks turned into teasing session about eachother and then into their usual fights. They both keep running around with Bela chasing Ajitabh when Mahir enters, Ajitabh goes and hides behind Mahir "Mahir save me from your wife", Mahir who was clueless to what is happening did not know what to do, "Mahir ji hatiye (Mahir move)", Mahir tries to move but Ajitabh holds him in place not letting him move "Mahir don't move yaar", Bela glares at Ajit "Bhai just come aside you know you are going to get my punches anyhow so better surrender yourself", "Never". Getting tired of hearing them both, her mom comes to the living room "Enough you both...stop your fighting...and let Mahir come in...don't mind them Mahir...both of them are crazy", Bela starts "But Mumma...", but her mother's one look shuts her up. Mahir goes in and sits down, Aarthi goes in to bring water for Mahir, taking the opportunity Bela smacks Ajit's shoulder, just when Ajit was about to retort their mother comes back, Bela and Ajit act as if nothing happened while Mahir keeps looking at both of them amused. "Mahir don't mind them...they are always like this...mad they both are", Mahir smiles "Yeah I can see that Maa", Bela glares at Mahir and turns to her Mumma "Mumma you know what bhai did...he put a toy lizard 🦎 on me...he knows na I hate it...it's icky yucky slimy ewwww🤢", she says making all sorts of faces, Ajitabh and Mahir laugh looking at her. "You are scared of lizards Bela?" Mahir asks her trying to control his laughter, Ajitabh answers "Not only lizards cockroaches included", they both continue laughing while Bela glares at them both, she huffs and turns to her Mumma for support but she also chuckles looking at Bela "You too Mumma...all of you are bad", saying this she goes to her room.

They three keep sitting in living room, waiting for Bela to come out, when she doesn't come out for 10 minutes Mahir gets up to go to her room but Ajitabh stops him and winks "Don't worry she will be out in 10 more minutes...it's almost her lunch time and to top it of Mumma has made all her favourite...she will come out in no time". Just as Ajit says Bela comes out in the next 5 minutes, she looks at the three of them who were looking at her smiling "Not for you at all...I'm hungry", she huffs and goes into the kitchen, her mom smiles "Let's go..come Mahir". Through the lunch she keeps passing glares at the three of them while they keep smiling to themselves. Ajitabh leaves to office after lunch, Aarthi looks at Bela and Mahir "You both rest for sometime", Bela goes to her room with Mahir following her. Once inside the room she turns to him "Aap mere piche kyun aarahe hain...bhot hass rahe the na aap (Why are you following me...you were laughing a lot right)", Mahir chuckles hearing her, she crosses her arms and pouts looking at him "Abhi bhi hass rahe hain (Now also you are laughing)". Mahir smiles and pulls her closer "Offo Bela you are too cute...accha I'm not laughing...see", she was too much in a shocked state as he pulled her closer to respond to him, she was looking at him without blinking, her eyes widened to the size of saucers, he smiles "Why do you keep looking at me like this everytime I come close to you". She gulps trying to form words "Umm I...I...", He keeps looking at her "Yes Bela tell me", she looks elsewhere "Umm...Ma..Mahir ji...I...I..", "ye I pe aake humesha atak kyun jaati ho Bela (Why do you always get stuck at I)" saying this Mahir chuckles, she glares at him "Aap aise paas aayenge tho main nervous hojati hun...isme hasne wali kaunsi baat hai (If you come close to me like this I get nervous...what is there to laugh about this)" she blurts out.

Everytime he provokes her she keeps blurting out the truth one by one, she then realises what she had blurted out and hits her head while he smiles to himself looking at her. She tries to get out of his hold, Pagal hai tu Bela (Mad you are Bela)...Bhai is right...can't you keep your mouth shut everytime you keep blurting something or the other...uhhhh...it would be better if the ground opens up right now...please god open it up now...or please help me get out of his hold...I'll go out and dig a hole for myself. Mahir keeps looking at her smiling, this is fun...she keeps blurting out the truth everytime I provoke her...probably after today evening I hope I don't have to provoke you to know what you feel...I hope you will like what I have planned for us...but for now I'm gonna keep the teasing session on.

That's all for now guys.
Hope you all like it ❤️
Happy Reading 💙
Yours lovingly
-Dharini