Epilogue

Life is not always fair, neither was it fair on Bela and Mahir, they had been so happy that they were going to have a baby but that was only short lived. In the 5th month of Bela's pregnancy they came to know that there were complications in her pregnancy. The doctor had informed them that Bela was weak and there could be chances that the baby might not survive but they could try their best to not let that happen. Bela and Mahir were heart broken hearing the news, but Mahir didn't want to see Bela broken, he wanted to cheer her up. Just a month ago Vish had given birth to a baby boy, both the families were very happy but this news brought out a gloomy environment in both the houses.

They both were sitting in their room, Mahir wipes his tears "Come on baby..why are you sad.. we won't let anything happen...neither to you nor the baby". She looks at him as tears keep pouring from her eyes, she buries her face in his chest "Mahir ji.. nothing will happen to our baby right", Mahir pulls her out of the hug and wipes her tears "No Jaan nothing will happen to our baby..she will be fine", she keeps looking at him. Mahir smiles a little "Doctor only said it's a chance Jaan..so we will do everything to make sure nothing happens to our baby", she nods but her tears still keep pouring, he hugs her tightly and kisses her hair, his tears also drop thinking about the doctor's words.

They kept following all the instructions of the doctor, Mahir had completely shifted to work from home and would go to office only if anything was necessary and his presence was absolutely needed. Sumi and Rohini made sure that Bela had only healthy food, all prepared by them whenever she wanted to eat. Bela was being pampered completely for the next two months. She was happy with all the love everyone kept pouring on her, especially the love Mahir kept pouring on her, he never let her be alone even for a second, but despite all this there was a constant worry at back of her mind about the baby.

Bela was in her 7th month, she and Mahir were sitting in the balcony after dinner, Bela was snuggled into Mahir's chest "Mahir ji", he looks at her smiling "Yes Jaan", she looks up at him and her eyes were filled with tears "I love you Jaan", though his heart swells with happiness hearing 'Jaan' from her for the first time still he gets worried seeing the tears in her eyes and cups her cheeks "Baby why are you crying...shhh baby.. don't cry you know right I can't see you in tears", he wipes her tears, she hugs him tightly "I'm scared Mahir ji... something doesn't feel right". He looks at her "Jaan nothing will happen okay.. you are just thinking too much... Shhh sleep baby nothing will happen.. everything is fine", she drifts into sleep being in Mahir's embrace. Mahir looks at her, I know baby you are still worried about our baby..just a couple of months to go..I can't let anything happen to you or our baby.. please god make everything right. He takes her inside and makes her lie down on the bed and then starts doing his work.

The next morning, everyone was at the dining table, Sumi was feeding Aloo (Potato) paratha to Bela, suddenly Bela feels severe pain in her stomach, she turns to Sumi holding her baby bump "Maa.. Ahhh... Ahhhhhhh", Sumi panics looking at Bela "Bela... Bela what happened... Mahirrrr", She keeps holding her baby bump trying to sit "Maa... Ahhhh". Mahir rushes to them, Bela was writhing in pain, he lifts her in his arms and takes her to the car, Sumi and Rohini join him and they take her to the hospital. Bela kept crying out in pain, seeing her Mahir couldn't control his tears "Jaan just a few more minutes... Just a few more minutes... you'll be fine".

They soon reached the hospital and Bela was taken in, he looks at her "I love you Jaan... please be brave baby", Bela looks at him tears still pouring from both their eyes "I love you Mahir ji..I always have... if anything happens..", Mahir closes her mouth with his hand "Shut up Bela.. nothing will happen to you". She was taken to the operation theatre, Mahir tears kept pouring, he was hugging Sumi and crying like a baby, he had to be strong in front of Bela to stop her from breaking down but the minute she was taken in he broke down, he couldn't see in pain, right now he didn't want anything else, nothing mattered to him even the baby didn't matter, he just wanted his Bela to be fine.