Chapter 17

A week later, Mahir had to go to Pondicherry for a meeting for 2 days, everyone were insisting on Mahir to take Bela along with him as they had not gone for their honeymoon or anywhere alone, they thought that this trip would let them be together without anyone's disturbance. Andy "Come on Mahir take her along extend the stay for atleast two more days", Bela "But Papa he is going on an official work what will I do there and moreover I don't think I have anymore leave to apply", Alok "You can compensate it later Beta and moreover I don't think Vishal Bhai will have any problem", Andy "Yes and Mahir has only 2 meetings to attend and those happen only in the mornings he will be free in the evenings...you both can spend time together", Mahir "Papa but", Sumi "You both said no for a honeymoon and this isn't a honeymoon...it's just a short trip so I don't want to hear anything you both are going that's all end of discussion". Though the family could see that both of them were becoming comfortable and getting close to each other they wanted them both to spend some alone time with eachother, so only they were insisting them to go together. Bela and Mahir go back to their room after the discussion, Bela looks at Mahir "Umm Mahir ji...I'm sorry", Mahir looks at her "Bela it's not your fault why are you saying sorry...it's just that they are not understanding... I'm sorry you have to come with me on this trip", Bela shakes her head "Mahir ji no more sorry...it's okay... let's think of this as a friend's trip?", Mahir smiles "Okay sure". Bela and Mahir pack their things for the trip, they were leaving the next morning as Mahir had a meeting for lunch.

The next day, Mahir and Bela start from Sehgal Mansion after the breakfast, it's a 3 hour drive to Pondicherry. Mahir turns on the music as they start their journey, soft music keeps playing. Bela looks outside the window at the scenery "Mahir ji this scenery is beautiful", Mahir smiles "Yeah it is". Her phone pings with a message, she takes out her phone and her eyes light up seeing the message. Mahir looks at her and sees that she is smiling while texting on her phone, who is texting and why is smiling so much while texting, she starts giggling and blushing looking at her phone. Mahir keeps looking at her confused "Bela", Bela doesn't hear or respond to him she was busy in her phone texting, who is this person she is texting...she didn't even hear me...can I just take the phone away from her...huh!! this phone and this person in that phone is taking all her attention...I'm going to hide her phone. He again calls her, this time a bit louder "Belaaa", she looks at him "Ji Mahir ji", Mahir "Kisse baat kar rahi ho (Who are you talking to)", Bela keeps looking at her phone and answers "Vikku se", Mahir gets even more confused, Who is this Vikku...is he her friend...and Vikku...what name is this...is he...is he her boyfriend...but she said she doesnt have anyone...but why do you care if she has a boyfriend...she is just a friend to you right...she..she is but if she has a boyfriend why didn't she tell me...why would she tell you...I'm her friend...just because you are her friend doesn't mean she will tell you everything...and why are you so bothered...if she is just your friend you shouldn't mind whoever she talks to...I don't care I'm not bothered.

They soon reached the hotel they were to stay, Bela had slept off after texting Vikrant for sometime, Mahir calls her and tries waking her up "Bela...Belaa". He leans in closer and removes her seat belt, he taps her cheeks lightly "Bela wake up...Belaa", she opens her eyes slowly and looks at him, he gets lost in her eyes and keeps looking at her without blinking, her eyes widened realising their proximity. Mahir's hand caresses her cheeks, she keeps looking at him shocked her eyes the size of saucers, he leans in closer, her breathe hitches, she closes her eyes, his heart beats hard and fast being close to her, he was about to close the distance between them when they hear the sound of horn from the car behind them bringing them out of their trance. They both open their eyes shocked, they both quickly get down from the car and go to the reception, they keep looking elsewhere avoiding eachother, "Mr & Mrs.Mahir Sehgal", the receptionist smiles and hands them over the keys of their suite "Have a great stay Sir Ma'am", they both mutter a 'Thank you' and leave from there. Mahir had his meeting in an hour "Umm Bela the meeting is in an hour...umm if you want you can go freshen up", she keeps looking elsewhere "Oo..Okay".

Bela takes her clothes and goes to freshen up while Mahir was sitting on the bed thinking and cursing himself, such an idiot you are Mahir...what do you think you were doing in the car...I  I was about to kiss her...What the hell is happening with me...I never felt these feelings again till Bela came into my life...why now...why Bela...God why are you doing this to me...Shit!! why are my feelings getting complicated. Bela was in the bathroom freshening up, she was standing in front of the mirror her cheeks completely flushed at the thought of their 'almost kiss', Mahir ji was about to kiss me😳...I was dreaming right🙈...yeah you are still dreaming why don't you pinch yourself to find out...(she pinches her hand)...ouchh...you still think you are dreaming...umm no...now you see he also feels something for you go and confess, her heart urged her but her brain stops her, what if it was just in the moment...what if he doesn't feel anything for you...let's wait for a little more time, she decides finally to wait for some more time before confessing to him.

She goes out wearing cream coloured saree with a green blouse, she was accompanying Mahir for his meeting. Mahir was ready in a white shirt and light brown coloured blazer. Mahir was mesmerized seeing her, he keeps staring at her helplessly as she goes to the dressing table to dry her hair, his heart keeps fluttering as her lush brown hair flies due to the air from the drier, Uff...how can someone be this beautiful in a simple saree...only my wife❤️. Bela combs her hair, wears her jhumkas and turns to Mahir "Can we leave Mahir ji?", He comes out of his trance on hearing her and looks away from her "Umm yeah". They were meeting the client's in the hotel's restaurant, they sat down on the table booked for them waiting for the clients. Mahir was trying his best not to look at Bela but his gaze kept going back to her stealing glances while waiting for the clients. Soon the clients arrived and the meeting goes on well, Mahir was impressed with Bela's knowledge as she pitched in to the clients on his behalf. The clients were happy and they were ready to finalise the deal tomorrow "Impressed Mr & Mrs.Sehgal...looking forward to work with you Mr.Sehgal", Mahir smiles "Same here", the clients leave once they are done with their lunch.

Mahir turns to Bela smiling "Wow Bela...I'm impressed", she smiles "Thank you Mahir ji". Mahir was about to talk when someone interrupts them "Belaaa", they both turn around to see Rehan, Bela smiles at him "Hey Rehan you here?", Rehan smiles and sits down next to her pulling a chair "Yeah I had a meeting...what are you doing here". Mahir rolls his eyes, everyone has their meeting here only moreover does he even remember that I exist...Joker he is talking to her as if I'm not even sitting here. Bela was about to answer but Mahir beats her to it "I too had a meeting which just got over and we were just leaving for sightseeing", Rehan looks at Mahir "That's great bro", Mahir gives him a small smile "Yeah...(he looks at Bela) shall we leave Bela", Bela smiles "Sure Mahir ji...Rehan why don't you accompany us if you are free", Mahir looks at her surprised, has this girl gone mad...wasn't this supposed to be our alone time...why is she calling this joker and why does he keep looking at her, Rehan smiles "Sure I'm free for the rest of the day", Mahir huffs, this joker doesn't understand that husband and wife should be given alone time...Bela being sweet she asked him but this joker also doesn't know when to say yes and when to refuse...I have to tolerate him for the rest of the day. Bela smiles "Great..chalen Mahir ji (Great can we go Mahir ji)", Mahir answers her controlling his irritation "Sureee let's go".

That's all for now guys.
Hope you all like it❤️
Happy Reading 💙
Yours lovingly
-Dharini