Chapter 21

The next morning, Bela and Mahir were sleeping in their respective beds, last night they had ordered for an extra mattress, so they were sleeping separately. Mahir wakes up before Bela, he sits next to Bela and was about to wake her up when he senses her shivering, she was also clutching her blanket tightly. Mahir touches her forehead, she was burning up, he gets worried sensing her high fever. He increases the temperature of the room so that she doesn't feel cold, he also calls the reception and asks them to arrange for a doctor as soon as possible. He taps her cheeks lightly "Bela...Bela", she opens her eyes and looks at him, her eyes were red due to fever "How are you feeling Bela...do you have headache or any pain", she nods "Headache", He nods "I have called the doctor...do you want me to reduce the temperature more...is this okay", she looks at him and understands that he is worried for her "I'm okay Mahir ji...I will be fine", Mahir glares at her "What I'm okay I told you na not to eat so much ice cream after playing in water for such a long time with the kids but you didn't listen to me...see now", "I'm fine Mahir ji...it's just slight fever" saying this she tries sitting up but Mahir stops her "What are you doing Bela...no lie down", just then the bell rings.

Mahir goes to check, it was the doctor, the doctor checks Bela "Do you have body pain or headache", Mahir answers before Bela could "Headache", "I will just give you an injection which will reduce your fever soon and the medicines will also be sent to your room", "Nothing serious right doctor" Mahir asks him still being worried, the doctor shakes his head "No Mr.Sehgal", and the doctor leaves after giving the injection to Bela. Mahir sits next to Bela caressing her hair "Sleep Bela...you need rest", her eyes were already drooping but she tries to show him that she is fine "I'm fine Mahir ji", Mahir smiles a little "Yeah yeah I can see that...sleep now", he keeps caressing her hair and she drifts into sleep. He keeps looking at her as she sleeps, Never am I ever letting you eat more than one ice cream...not even for your cute pout if you are going to be down with fever after eating that ice cream....I wish I could have stopped you but how could I resist you pouting like a baby, once he was sure that she is asleep he goes to make a call.

Mahir calls his mom "Maa", Sumi was surprised seeing Mahir's call early in the morning "Mahir you are calling so early in the morning?", "Maa Bela is down with fever", Sumi gets worried hearing that Bela has fever "What how did you give her any medicine", "Yes Maa doctor had visited and gave an injection and some medicine for Bela...She is sleeping now...I'm thinking it's better we start from here once she feels a bit better...she'll feel better being at home", Sumi agrees "Yes Mahir bring her home...but will she be able to travel for 3 hours...", Mahir "I'll take care of her Maa...we'll be home soon". Mahir freshens up and packs their things, he wakes her up once soup he had ordered for her arrives, he sits next to her "Bela...baby wake up...you need to have your medicines", she mutters a 'no' and snuggles into his lap, he smiles looking at her thinking, how am I going to wake this baby up, "Come on Bela...wake up baby...". After persuading her for sometime she wakes up and sits up, she was about to get down from the bed to go freshens up when Mahir stops her "Where to?", "To freshen up" she says in a low voice. He let's her get down and accompanies her, she looks at him "aap kyun aarahe hain (why are you coming)", Mahir looks at her "What if you fall down", she shakes her head and looks at him "Mahir ji I'm fine", she keeps shivering, Mahir looks at her "Yeah yeah I can see how fine you are", Bela shakes her head and enters the bathroom while Mahir stays outside.

Once she freshens up and comes out he makes her sit on the bed and brings the soup, she makes a face looking at the vegetable soup, "Stop making faces and have it", she again makes a face and shakes her head "No no soup". Mahir takes the bowl in his hand and sits next to her and starts feeding her, she looks at him shocked opening her mouth and taking the opportunity he stuffs a spoon full of soup in her mouth. She glares at him and turns to the other side as he brings another spoon full of soup near her mouth, he smiles at her childishness "Come on Bela open up or I have my ways to make you", that makes Bela quickly open her mouth while Mahir chuckles looking at her making weird faces while drinking the vegetable soup, "Don't worry Bela we will go home soon then Maa will make you her special kichdi for you". She looks at him shocked "You told Maa", Mahir nods, Bela hits her head and glares at him "Mahir jiii it's just normal fever...I will be okay...ghar pe kyun bataya aapne (Why did you inform everyone at home)", Mahir rolls his eyes "Haan haan...that's why you are still burning up even after having injection...we are leaving for home in sometime...I have spoken with Mr.Dennis he said he could send his driver along...so be quiet and eat", Bela glares at him and turns her face to the other side "I hate you", Mahir shakes his head smiling "Yeah yeah Okay".