Chapter 9

The next day Bela wakes up early, she sees Mahir sleeping uncomfortably on the couch, his blanket had also fallen down, she goes near him and adjusts his blanket and smiles looking at him and whispers 'Good morning Mahir ji', she goes to the washroom to freshen up. In sometime Mahir also wakes up, he folds the blanket and keeps it in it's place and he drinks water from the bottle kept on the side table, he was too tired to go for his daily run so he just takes his clothes to go freshen up. Bela had forgotten to take the towel and bathrobe and just went with the saree, she had just wrapped the saree around herself not having any other choice. Just as he was about to open the bathroom door it opens from inside and Bela's leg slips and she falls on Mahir making Mahir fall on the floor, Mahir holds her waist preventing her from falling on the floor. Her hair was dripping wet and droplets of water were falling on his face, Mahir keeps looking at her, Bela tries standing but her saree had tangled in Mahir's leg, Mahir comes out his trance "Sa..Sa..So...Sorry", Mahir untangles the saree from his leg "I'm sorry...main towel ki jagah ye saree legayi (I'm sorry I took the saree in place of towel)". Both of them stand up, Bela holds the saree close to herself, Mahir looks elsewhere and starts stuttering "Ahh...Ahh...I'm sorry", Bela also looks elsewhere "I'm sorry too vo actually saree leke chali gayi towel leke jaana tha (I'm sorry too I had to take the towel but took saree instead)", Mahir keeps looking here and there "Nahi vo..vo I'm sorry main bhul gaya ki tum bathroom main ho (No I'm sorry I forgot that you were in the bathroom)", Bela looks elsewhere "Ma...Main jaati hun (I'll go)", Mahir was about to go inside the bathroom but he stops "Bela...Tum aaram se ready hojao mujhe fresh hone main atleast 20 minutes lagta hai (Bela you take your time getting ready it takes me atleast 20 minutes to freshen up)", Bela nods and goes to get ready while Mahir runs inside the bathroom.

Bela goes to the kitchen where Sumithra and Rohini were present, Bela wishes them "Good morning Maa Chachi", Sumi and Rohini smile "Good morning Beta", Sumi "Bela it's your pehli rasoi today...you make whatever you want Beta", Bela smiles and nods "Okay Maa", Rohini "if you need any help call us Bela", Bela "Sure Chachi". Rohini and Sumi leave from the kitchen letting Bela make whatever she wants. Soon Bela completes making the breakfast, she makes chole bature, paratha, shahi paneer and kheer. She arranges the breakfast on dining table and calls everyone. Everyone gathers at the dining table, Andy "Wow Bela beta I'm getting very good aroma", Bela smiles "Thank you papa (Thank you dad)", she was about to serve the food when Mahir interrupts "Bela sit down everyone serves the breakfast themselves", Sumi "Yes Beta...go sit down next to Mahir". Bela goes and sits down next to Mahir, everyone serve for themselves, Mahir was about to take the kheer but Bela stops him, Mahir looks at her questioningly, Bela passes another bowl for him "Mahir ji this one is for you", Kuhu starts teasing Bela "Ohhoo bhabhi special for bhai", Alok winks at Kuhu "Ofcourse Kuhu husband is special", Bela tries hiding her blush and answers "Vo usme badam hai...Mahir ji ko usse allergy haina...Vish ne bataya tha..tho maine un keliye alag rakha tha (it has almonds in it...Mahir is allergic to it right...Vish had told me...so I kept it separate for him)". Mahir smiles "Thank you Bela...and everything is delicious", Andy "Yes beta everything is tasty", Bela feels happy as everyone appreciates her especially when Mahir appreciates her "Thank you".

After breakfast Mahir goes to his room and he takes out his laptop and was about to start his work when Kuhu enters his room "Bhai what is this", Mahir looks at her "What happened Kuhu", Kuhu "You are supposed to spend time with Bhabhi not do office work...that's why you are on leave", Mahir smiles "Kuhu I have an important meeting dear...I'll be back soon", Kuhu "Bhai see Bhabhi is in the kitchen making lunch with Maa and Badi Maa...go and talk to her" Mahir smiles at his sister "Okay Meri Maa...I'll go and talk to your bhabhi...let me just finish this meeting baby", Kuhu "Okay bhai if I don't see you with bhabhi in another 1 hour I'm going to lock you and bhabhi up in the room", Mahir "Okay doctor ji now let me complete the meeting and go do your work", Kuhu leaves from his room while Mahir attends his meeting.

Mahir was in his meeting when Bela enters in the room after completing the preparation of lunch. Bela goes to arrange her things in the closet, she stands there blushing thinking of the morning incident when she was coming out after bathing. Soon she comes out of her trance and she starts to unpack all her clothes and arranges them neatly in the closet. She then looks at her bag and finds all the cards she had got for Mahir on his birthdays but she never had the courage to go and give it to him. She had started getting a birthday card for him ever since she had started college, every year she would get the card thinking one day she would definitely give it to him but she had not had the opportunity to give it him. She smiles looking at them, maybe soon I'll give it to him...I hope so, she puts them behind her clothes hiding them away. She completes arranging her things and sees that Mahir had completed his meeting and was closing his laptop, Bela goes to him "Do you anything Mahir ji...coffee?", Mahir shakes his head "No Bela...and you don't need to behave as my wife in our room Bela...just in front of our parents is enough...like I said I don't expect anything from you", Bela was hurt hearing him but composes herself "Yes Mahir ji I know and I remember what you said...anyway we are going to stay together for 3 months right...can we atleast be friends?", she forwards her hand looking at him, he thinks for a moment and then shakes her hand smiling "Okay".

Just then Sumi calls them for lunch, "I'll just come Mahir ji you go", Mahir nods and leaves from there. Bela looks at Mahir's picture in her phone, first step towards you Mahir ji...I was not sure whether you would accept my friendship...I have always heard that friendship is the first step towards everything beautiful❤️...so I want start with being your friend. She smiles and goes for lunch, everyone had taken an off from office being tired and with the next day being the weekend they had thought to resume work from the next week. The whole family was present at the dining table for lunch, they all have their lunch, Andy "Today lunch is very tasty", Sumi "That's because Bela made it...she did not even allow us touch anything", Rohini "Yes she just made us sit there and then she herself made everything", Bela looks at them "Maa Chachi I let you cut the vegetables", Sumi laughs "Yeah she gave us too much work", Kuhu looks at Bela pouting "Bhabhi please don't cook...else all my dieting will go in vain", Everyone laughs hearing her. After lunch everyone retires to their room, Bela and Mahir were in their room, Mahir calls her "Bela your cooking is amazing", Bela smiles on hearing a compliment from Mahir "Thank you Mahir ji". Bela gets a call from home so she goes to attend the call while Mahir sits thinking, she is different...everyone is so happy with her...what will they do when she leaves from here...such an idiot I was in the morning how could I forget that she could be in the bathroom...thank god she didn't say anything...else it would have been too embarassing😳... tomorrow is the weekend and I spend the day with Mayra what should I tell her...umm should I ask her to join...She seemed to have become friends with Mayra so let me ask her to join. Just then Bela completes her call with her Mom and comes back, Mahir calls her "Bela...tomorrow is Saturday and I usually spend the weekend with Mayra...ummm would you like to join?", Bela feels happy that he asked her to join him and she had already become fond of Mayra "Sure Mahir ji...a day with Mayra who can say no to that", Mahir smiles "Yeah nobody can say no to her".

That's all for now guys.
Hope you all like it ❤️
Happy Reading 💙
Yours lovingly
-Dharini