Chapter 19

The next morning, the rays from the sun peeking through the windows disturb Bela's sleep, she snuggles even more into her 'pillow' trying to hide herself from the sun rays but this pillow wasn't soft like the one she was snuggled into last night, she tries squeezing the 'pillow' more, she hears a groan, she suddenly opens her realising that it's not pillow that she is squeezing. When she opens her eyes she found herself cuddled into Mahir's arms, he was holding waist her tightly, the pillows with which she had made the pillow wall was scattered on the floor. Her eyes widen at the realisation, she tries getting out of his hold to avoid the embarrassment but his tight hold on her was not letting her get out. Her continuous movement and the sunlight falling on his face disturbs his sleep, Bela shuts her eyes tightly as she senses Mahir stirring. Mahir opens his eyes, he feels a weight on his chest and looks down, he was shocked finding Bela snuggled into his chest and him holding her waist. His eyes widen to the size of tennis ball, just that it didn't fall off, but then seeing her cuddled into him like a baby his face softens, he pushes a strand of her hair blocking his view behind her ears and caresses her cheeks, "Such a baby you are Bela", this was best sleep that he had since the past 3.5 years, he had never slept past 4 a.m no matter how tired he was but today it already ticking 7 a.m but he didn't mind.

He flips her around and puts her down on the bed, he had a mad urge to kiss her pink cheeks, What are you thinking Mahir...What the Fuck!!...you want to kiss her...remove these rubbish thoughts from your mind...it was by mistake she was cuddling you but you, you were holding her waist as if she is yours...you should be happy she doesn't know else think of the embarrassment for the next 3 days and here you are thinking to kiss her...wouldn't it be nice waking up like this everyday (his heart argued)...Focus Mahir!!...yeah Focus on her cheeks...What nooo!!...she is just your friend...is she. All this while he was battling with his heart and mind, he was hovering over Bela, she opens her eyes not being able to keep them closed anymore, her deer like jet black eyes meet with his dark brown ones, he keeps looking into her eyes getting lost in their depths, "Your eyes are beautiful Bela❤️", he blurts out without even realising, her eyes pop out of her sockets hearing him. He was in trance staring at her madly while she was melting under his gaze, her heart was hammering so hard in her chest that she doubted whether he could hear her heartbeat, she gulps her saliva trying to moisten her throat and bring out words, "Umm Ma...Ma... Mahir...". For the first time she had called him Mahir instead of her usual Mahir ji, what he didn't know was her 'ji' got stuck in her throat seeing him leaning in closer. Her pink cheeks had turned red due to all the blusing tempting him even more, in the end, he gives into his heart's desire and pecks her cheek, before she could react he smiles and goes into the bathroom leaving her in a shocked state.

Mahir couldn't rub the smile off his face, Mahir why are you smiling so much...ummm because I kissed her...wasn't she just a friend, do you kiss your friend...okay she isn't just a friend...she is a beautiful woman and I'm attracted to her helplessly and I like her❤️...but does she...well she didn't say anything after you kissed her and weren't there many times you found her staring at you...hmm but that doesn't prove anything. In the bedroom, Bela was sitting still in shock, did...did Ma...Mahir ji just kiss me...(she touches her cheek which was still tingling from his touch)...wait it wasn't a dream...it happened for real right...does that mean....Mahir ji has feelings for me, her heart leaped at the thought. Just then the bathroom door opened and Mahir came out in a bathrobe giving her a lavish view of his well built chest, she looks at him once and then keeps staring at him without blinking, he looks at her, Madam is staring at me like she is going to gobble me right now, he clears his throat trying to get her attention. She looks up only to find him smirking, she was embarrassed on being caught staring at him once again, she wished the earth to just open up and swallow her. Just as Mahir moves in front of her smirking "Bela don't you think you are staring at me too much", she runs into the bathroom not being able to take the embarrassment anymore. She locks the door once she gets in and bangs her head to the door, Are you mad Bela...is that how you stare at him🤦🏻‍♀️...not even one bit of self control you have...go hide in a rat hole or better dig a hole and bury yourself...such an idiot you are...now how are you going to face him or you plan to stay in this bathroom for the next 3 days...ummm the second one sound good...shut up I can't stay in the bathroom forever...waittt I didn't bring my clothes. Realising that she didn't bring her clothes, she puts her head out and scans the room for any sign of Mahir, finding no sign of him she steps out and runs to the closet where her suitcase was kept.

Bela quickly takes her clothes and was about to run into the bathroom before he could come back but to her luck Mahir comes in and she bumps into him, she looks up at him and steps back, he looks at her amused "Where are you running?", She looks at him and then looks elsewhere as her cheeks turn red with embarrassment "Umm...to bath", Mahir chuckles pulling her closer, the clothes in her hands drop to the floor and her eyes widen to the size of saucers "Don't widen you eyes so much they might just pop out", her eyes widen even more, he chuckles at her expressions "Anyway I'm going for the meeting", that's when she notices that he was already dressed in his suit, "I'll be back by afternoon for lunch and you can take bath and get ready leisurely no need to run around", she just nods, no words coming out of her mouth, he smiles and leaves from there. She stands there in shock for sometime thinking what just happened...what happened to Mahir ji...did he hit his head somewhere...yeah that must be it he must have hit his head somewhere while bathing...what about when he kissed you...ummm probably he was sleepy...yeah rightttt he was sleepy😒...he likes you stupid girl (screamed her heart)...ummm maybe...but if does like me why didn't he say anything (her mind argues)...like you have already told him that you go crazy for him (her heart taunts her)...I don't go crazy for him...righttt and I'm your kidney. She shakes her head and goes to freshen up smiling at thought that Mahir might like her.

Once she comes out after freshening up their room bell rings, she was confused, who could it be...Mahir ji said he will be back by afternoon, she goes to check and sees a waiter there with food "Ma'am your breakfast", She was confused as she didn't order anything till now "But I didn't order", "Ma'am Sir ordered this", then she understands that Mahir ordered for her and a smile makes its way to her lips and she let's the waiter put the breakfast on the coffee table and leave from there. She opens it to find Masala Puri and Ghee Roast Dosa, she jumps in excitement seeing the food, there was also a note on one of the plate, she takes it and reads it

"I hope you like the breakfast I ordered for you. Don't miss me too much, I'll be back soon"

She smiles looking at the note, she takes out her phone and texts Mahir "Thank you for the breakfast Mahir ji...I love it". Putting her phone back she digs into her breakfast relishing it.

Mahir had gone to the client's office to sign the contract and discuss the clauses of the deal. Mahir's phone pings with a message in the middle of their discussion, he knew it could only be Bela, his hand etched to look at his phone but he was in the middle of the discussion so he was restraining himself from picking up his phone. Looking at Mahir glancing at his phone repeatedly, his client Mr.Dennis, a middle aged man, smiled looking at Mahir, in their last meeting he had seen the way Mahir and Bela were looking at eachother, he knew something was up between the two of them which even both of them were unaware. Mr.Dennis looks at Mahir smiling, "Mr.Sehgal please answer your message must be important...we can continue in sometime", Mahir looks at him "Umm no Mr.Dennis...we can complete this", he smiles "It's okay Mr.Sehgal go ahead". Mahir takes his phone and goes out of the meeting room, he smiles looking at Bela's text, he texts her back "Be ready by 3 Mrs.Sehgal", and goes back inside smiling.

That's all for now guys.
Hope you all like it ❤️
Happy Reading 💙
Yours lovingly
-Dharini