Chapter 22

The next 2 days Mahir had not allowed Bela to step out of their room, anything she wanted he would bring it to her, she would keep protesting saying that she is fine but he wouldn't listen. Mahir had also chose to work from home for the two days so that he could take care of her, something which he hadn't done for anyone. Everyone in the family were happy seeing Mahir caring so much for Bela, the way he took care of her showed them how much she meant to him. They all could see the gradual change in Mahir and Bela's dynamics over the days, especially since the trip, they could also see glimpses of their old Mahir in the way he would fight with her just to tease her. Since Mahir wasn't allowing Bela to step out of the room, everyone would gather in their room to talk after dinner, Mahir would literally have to shoo them away so that Bela can sleep and take rest, she would end up complaining to him about him for not letting her do any work and always telling her to take rest.

After 2 days he was finally letting her step out of the room, she wanted to go to office but he had already convinced her dad to not let her come to the office and stay at home for atleast 2 more days. Not knowing that Mahir had already spoken to her dad, Bela calls him "Dadddd", "Good morning Princess", "Dad you talk to Mahir ji na he isn't letting me come to office", "Princess listen to him...take rest", Bela huffs listening to her dad "I have taken enough rest dad...you are also not listening to me", Mahir chuckles standing next to her while she glares at him "Huh!! Nobody listens to me...I'll go talk to people who will listen to me", she leaves from the room and goes to the kitchen where Sumi and Rohini were there, "Maa Chachi see na Mahir ji isn't letting me go to office...now I'm fit and fine right", Sumi looks at her "Come let's go ask him", Sumi and Rohini go along with Bela to Mahir who was sitting in the living room "Mahir why are you troubling Bela", Mahir looks at his mom innocently "Maa I didn't do anything Papa only refused her from coming to office", Sumi and Rohini turn to Bela while Mahir chuckles to himself "Maa Chachi I'm sure it was Mahir ji only who spoke to dad and convinced him to not let me come to office", Sumi turns to Mahir "Mahir did you", he looks at her innocently "No Maa", Bela looks at him "Maa he is lying...he was smiling when you turned to me", Rohini "Okay now Mahir since you are not letting her go to office...you are spending the day with her...you are also not going to office", Mahir looks at her shocked "Chachi I have an important meeting today", Sumi looks at him "We don't know about that but you are not going that's all and you are spending the day with Bela", Bela chuckles hearing Sumi and Rohini. "Let's do one thing...I'll drop her home at Vaidehi Nivas she can spend sometime there with Mumma...I'll complete my meeting and come back" Mahir suggests, Sumi "Mahirrr", Bela smiles "Maa it's okay...let him attend his meeting...must be important if he is insisting so much", Rohini and Sumi smile "Okay just because Bela is saying you can attend your meeting". "Okay Chachi" saying this he looks at Bela signing her to come to their room she just shakes her head and was about go along with Sumi and Rohini but Mahir pulls her back "I need to check your temperature Bela come let's go".

Mahir takes her along to their room inspite all her protests, he locks the door so she can't run away, he cages her to the door "Mrs.Sehgal don't you think you are taking too much advantage of Maa and Chachi being in your side", she gulps looking at him "Na..Noo yo..you al..also spp..spoke to dad", he keeps looking at her "Hmmm but still Mrs.Sehgal don't you think you were enjoying it too much when Maa and Chachi were asking me questions". She nods at first and then shakes her head, Mahir smiles looking at her "One answer Bela", Bela shakes her head, he chuckles at his effect on her and how she shuts up on being close to him. "I know you are lying and I also know Mrs.Sehgal you were enjoying it too much...so be ready for your punishment", he leans in closer to her and whispers in her ears "in the evening", her eyes widen to the size of saucers as he says this and backs off. She keeps looking at him in shock, her mouth opening and closing like a fish but no words come out, he chuckles looking at her, wow Mahir!!!...I should write a book on ways to make Bela shut up...but will this be useful to anyone🤔...I don't think so when it's only me who can do this. Bela recovers from her shock in the time Mahir keeps thinking whether or not to write a book on 'ways to make Bela shut up', she runs out of the room before Mahir could catch her.

She goes down the stairs blushing thinking of Mahir without looking ahead, she was about to trip when someone holds her arm, she turns and sees Kuhu "Bhabhi dhyaan se (Careful)", "Vo I didn't see" she smiles sheepishly, Kuhu looks at her teasingly "Yeah I can see that...koi kisike khayalon main khoya hua hai (Someone's lost in someone's thoughts)", Bela looks elsewhere blushing "No Kuhu nothing like that", Kuhu smiles "Haan haan let's go... breakfast ka time hogaya (it's breakfast time)", Bela smiles "Yeah". Everyone gathers at the dining table, "Maa someone wants to punish me for not letting her go to office and wants me take her out for dinner so we both won't be here for dinner", Bela looks at him shocked "What....But Mahir ji...it was...", Mahir holds her hand under the table stopping her, she keeps looking at him shocked while Kuhu starts teasing them "Ohhoooo dinner bhai bhabhi...offo bhabhi that's why you were lost...Okay okay I understand", Rohini smiles "You are making correct use of the punishment Bela well done", Bela looks at her and was about to open her mouth to say something, Mahir squeezes her hand stoping her, she turns to him glaring while everyone else looks at them both teasingly, he chuckles feeling her glares on him. She tries getting her hand out of his hold but he just tightens his hold.

Sumi "Okay okay enough of teasing them...see Bela is not even eating...you eat beta I'll see who teases you now", she couldn't tell her that Mahir was holding her hand that's why she couldn't eat, she glares again looking at Mahir while he just chuckles, she turns to Sumi "Maa I'm done", Sumi looks at her "What Bela you ate so less...no no you have to eat...you have gotten well now only if you don't eat properly then you will fall sick again...eat Beta...Mahir tell her na", Mahir looks at Bela and chuckles "Eat Bela...Maa is saying na...you will fall...aaahhh". Everyone looks at Mahir "What happened Mahir", now Bela chuckles looking at him, she had stamped on his foot due to which he had left her hand, Bhot maza aaraha tha na aapko ab batayiye (You were having fun right now speak), Bela looks at him and says innocently "Haan Mahir ji what happened", Mahir looks at her "Nothing...a big ant bit me", Andy "Okay okay now eat everyone...Bela you also eat beta", Bela smiles "Yes papa".

After breakfast, Bela and Mahir leave from Sehgal Mansion, as soon as they get into the car Mahir turns to her "What was that", Bela looks at him innocently "What Mahir ji", Mahir looks at her "Why did you stamp on my feet", Bela looks at him "Why were you holding my hand", Mahir "So that you don't say that dinner was my idea", Bela "It's your idea na then why did you say it's my idea", Mahir "If it's your idea they will tease us less...if I say it's mine trust me you won't hear the end of it", Bela smiles and shakes her head "Pagal hain aap (You are mad)", Mahir also smiles looking at her "Tum bhi kam nahi ho...mere bechare pair ki murder kardi (you are also not less...you murdered my poor leg)". She looks at him "does it hurt", Mahir thinks to tease her "Ofcourse Bela...it still hurts", her face falls "I'm sorry...I didn't mean to stamp so hard...is it paining too much I'll apply ointment once we reach home", offo this girl really became sad...aww how cute you are Bela, he turns to her and holds her cheeks with one hand "Arre re Bela I was just kidding...you became sad...I'm fine baby", she stills on hearing 'baby' from him again, he also realises that he had called her baby out loud, he removes his hand at once and she turns to the other side trying to control the butterflies in her stomach which were going crazy since he called her baby. Soon they reached Vaidehi Nivas, Mahir turns to Bela's side but keeps looking everywhere but at her "Umm...I...I'll complete the ma..meeting and come Bela you go", Bela just nods and goes inside.

That's all for now guys.
Hope you all like it❤️
Happy Reading 💙
Yours lovingly
-Dharini