twenty seven

* i bet you've all been desperate for this chapter, considering i left the last one on such a cliffhanger. enjoy! don't forget to vote and comment as you read! *

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Before I could respond, he was moving closer, his lips so close to mine and I didn't want them to be. I didn't want to kiss him. His eyes fluttered shut, but mine were wide open, watching his every move as he came so close to my lips that I could feel his breath on my chin. He was so close, our lips almost touching.

I placed my hand to his chest and pushed him away, shaking uncontrollably. I didn't want my first kiss to be with him.

"I can't do this," I shook my head, reaching for my handbag and my overnight bag, thankful that I'd secured a room key into my small handbag. "And you can't do that. Please leave me alone."

I headed for the door, and undid the lock, pulling it open and stepping out into the corridor.

"Mila, wait!" Callum called after me but I was already rushing down the corridor and towards the lift. I didn't want to cause a scene in the hotel, to embarrass myself or my team, so I didn't respond to Callum. I just focused on getting back to my room with Lando.

If I'd not intervened, he would've kissed me.

-

"What are you doing back here?" I let myself into mine and Lando's shared hotel room, and I was gasping for air after literally sprinting back here from the lift. "I mean, I'm pleased you're here, but I wasn't expecting you to be back tonight. What happened?"

"He tried to kiss me," I exhaled, backing up against the door and ensuring it was locked. I was almost certain that Callum hadn't followed me, and I felt safe now that I was with Lando, but I just wanted to be sure. "He almost did. He would've if I didn't run out."

"He tried to make a move on you without your consent?" I could feel Lando's anger, and instantly, I regretted telling him like this, but I had no choice. I didn't want him to do anything stupid, like go to Callum's room and shout and yell. I just wanted him to be beside me, because I knew what I wanted now, and he would be happy with that.

"It really wasn't like that," I sighed, shaking my head and walking towards our shared bed, placing my bag on the bed and removing my pyjamas. "I don't want to have my first kiss with someone I don't have feelings for. I want to wait, and he wouldn't even let me say that. It's okay, though, I'm okay. Let's just go to bed."

"Milly," Lando tugged on my hand. "I know you're not okay. Did he hurt you?"

"No! No, of course not," insistently, I shook my head, ideally just wanting to drop the subject of conversation and go to bed. I knew Lando wouldn't hesitate when it came to asking questions, but I just wanted some peace. I wanted to collect my thoughts and get my head in the right place. "Let's just go to bed, okay? I don't want to talk about it. I just want to sleep. These next few days are going to be busy."

"Okay," Lando sighed, but he let me go to the bathroom without interfering. I dragged the small night time bag I'd taken with me to Callum's room behind me. I was tired. Everything felt heavy because I was so exhausted. "Just let me know if you need anything."

--

I was right when I said that the following days after Tuesday would be busy. Race day rolled around and I was pleased to know that we were flying home tomorrow morning. I didn't need to think about work for a short while once the race was over and Lando's media tasks were complete.