eighteen

* new chapter - please vote and comment until your heart's content - enjoy! *

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

"Sacha, hi!" I was so excited to see his face and hear his voice. Since he moved to Japan, we'd not called him via FaceTime and only kept in communication through text. He looked so happy, despite the tiredness which was obvious on his features. Lando was sitting up beside me in bed, a smile tugging at his lips, and I wasn't surprised. He didn't show it much, but Lando missed Sacha's company so much. "Oh, I miss you so much!"

"I miss you, too," Sacha's smile was so wide and rather contagious. I couldn't help but show him a cheesy grin. "Both of you. How are you doing?"

"We're good," I looked at Lando who was yet to speak. I could see the emotion on his face, but I never expected him to feel like this over Sacha; he really did miss him, but he was quite good at hiding any intense emotion that he felt. "Lando?"

"Yes, we're good," he repeated my words, like he'd not been paying attention to what I said. It was typical of him, really. "It's weird without you, mate."

"I know the feeling," Sacha sighed as he leaned backwards against what I assumed to be his sofa. I could just about make out the views from his apartment and Japan really looked beautiful at night. I couldn't wait to fly out there later in the year, one to be reunited with Sacha again and two, to explore how beautiful it really was once more. "It's strange living alone, isn't it? I mean, Fraser is here too, but it's not the same because he's not living in my apartment."

"I'm moving in with Lando." I felt like now was the appropriate time to share our news. I was so excited for my official moving day, which we'd scheduled as the day after our return from Baku. It couldn't come any quicker. I examined Sacha's facial features as his reaction to the news was silent. He didn't react straight away, but there was a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. I always knew he wouldn't be mad - he had no reason to be - because he wanted me to be there for Lando and to keep him company anyway.

"I knew you'd be quick to move in once I left. Typical Mila behaviour," Sacha rolled his eyes while allowing a soft chuckle to fall from his parted lips. He ran his fingers through his hair. I wished he could be here now. I missed spending time with him and Lando, wasting hours of the night as a trio when the boys should've been sleeping in preparation for training. We laughed until we cried, and we did it all together. Now, we had no idea when we would be reunited again. "I'm so happy for you. I'm pleased Lando asked you. He said he was going to."

I glanced up at my best friend, who hadn't really spoken too much since we started the call. He was still feeling a little down and shaken up after the dream he had the other night, but I was too afraid to bring it up. I knew he'd signed up for a first aid refresher course because I'd seen the email notification on his phone. He was consuming himself with something that would damage his mental health, and it was all my fault. I felt like I completely disregarded Lando's feelings when I threw all of my worries on top of the pile of his, only adding to the stress he felt on a daily basis.

"Since you chose to leave, Sacha, there was no other option," a sarcastic grin lifted on Lando's face. That was more like him. It was nice to see him happy, even though it didn't feel the same. It didn't feel forced, but it definitely didn't feel natural, either. "Anyway, Mila will be a better housemate than you ever were."

"He doesn't mean that," I nudged his side, although I knew he was joking. Lando poked my side in response, without a care in the world. He was cheeky like that, but I liked it. "We all know that Lando is too clumsy to live alone. He'll be responsible for burning the place down."