nineteen

* happy christmas eve !!! (or even christmas, depending where in the world you are). it's been a while since i updated - i hope you all enjoy this chapter! a little shorter, but enjoy nevertheless! don't forget to comment and vote - it would be a lovely christmas gift! *

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

"Hi," I didn't shy away from Callum's gesture to wrap his arm around my waist and pull me close, despite being in the middle of the paddock. My cheeks were burning and I knew the colour would be obvious, considering I wasn't wearing any foundation. It was too hot for that. "How are you?"

I was certain that red was Callum's colour. He looked good in Ferrari clothing. He looked good in anything. I'd been so busy all weekend that I hadn't really found the time to see him, until now, and the Formula 2 Sprint Race was planned to start in just over an hour. He retired from yesterday's race and i was so devastated for him but he left the track before I could see him. I hoped for a better result today.

"I'm good," I smiled, as Callum and I stood close to Ferrari, hoping the side of the garage would keep us away from any beady eyed fans, or even curious team personnel. Most importantly, I didn't want Lando to see us because he would just ask questions, and he had nothing to worry about. "This weekend has been so busy, but I love Baku. I hope the race is as exciting as last year. How are you doing today?"

"Alright," he shrugged, a little timidly as he seemed to knit his eyebrows together while he thought for a second. "I'm hoping for a better race today than yesterday."

"I'm positive it'll be a good one for you." I really liked Callum, and spending time with him was great fun. I knew how he felt about me, but I was still in two minds about my feelings for him. I didn't want to hurt anyone, in ways more than one, but with such a busy job, I really didn't have time to even sit and think about how I felt. It just didn't seem necessary to me, when I was in such a fast-paced job, which required a lot of attention and professionalism on my part.

I was travelling the world with my best friend, and all the other friends I'd made along the way. I didn't want to jeopardise my position at McLaren. Everything media wise had to run smoothly for Lando, or there could be serious consequences, particularly for me. I didn't want to ruin Lando's reputation, or the team's image, and I was very determined to ensure everything was perfect.

"Shall we do something again when we're home?" Callum tucked a single strand of hair behind my ear so that it was away from my eyes. The sun was shining today in Baku, hence my decision to just have a longer shower this morning, leave my hair natural and only fill in my eyebrows, add some mascara and wear lip balm. There was no need to apply foundation because my skin was clear and soft as a result of my rigorous skincare routine.

"That would be nice," I nodded. "But just something friendly."

"Of course." Callum's smile seemed to diminish, but only a little, and he was quick to maintain that smile so I didn't question it. I wouldn't push it anyway. I was just being honest and true to myself.

"Lando and I booked our flights to Paris," I announced it rather suddenly, but I was just too excited to tell people that I couldn't keep quiet about it any longer. Callum knew about my bucket list, of course, and he knew about Paris. He knew about why I wanted to go to Paris, and why it was important that I went with someone who meant a lot to me. "I'm so excited. We're going to Disneyland and we're hoping to book an apartment near the Eiffel Tower."