eight

* i really enjoyed writing this chapter... please let me know what you think by commenting throughout! *

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Dressed in a long, leopard print coat and a black hat and scarf to keep me warm, I was disappointed in the outdoor temperature. It was freezing. Although it was only March, I thought the temperatures would be increasing by now as spring was just around the corner, but the weather wasn't all too pleasing. I was meeting Callum in London in an hour and my train to London Waterloo left Guildford station in twenty minutes time. I was at Lando's apartment after staying over last night because he promised he would drop me at the station and wait on the platform until I was safely on my way.

I was excited to see Callum. We planned to have lunch at a restaurant not far from the train station and stay there for a couple of hours to have some drinks. It would give us plenty of time to catch up without the worry of being interrupted with work commitments. Lando sat on the edge of his bed for the entire time it took me to style my hair and do my makeup. Sacha was home, but I knew he was leaving soon to move to Japan, and I was sad about that, but I knew it was good for him. It was such a good opportunity for his career, but it meant that Lando would be living alone and I had no idea if I could trust him enough to be alone twenty-four-seven. I had a feeling that I would be spending more time here with him. I didn't mind, but I wanted to buy my own apartment more than anything. Now that I was working full time at McLaren, I could afford to pay monthly bills, however, the idea of living with my best friend was rather enticing.

"You look lovely," Lando smiled as I zipped up my makeup bag and took one final look at myself in the mirror. I left my hair down in its natural style, my makeup was far from excessive as I didn't want to look like I tried too hard. I didn't want to give Callum the wrong idea, even though I planned to make it clear, if he brought it up, that as of now, a relationship was not for me right now. "Really lovely."

"Thanks, Lando." Beneath my makeup, I could feel my cheeks gradually getting hotter as I stood up from the seat I'd perched myself in before the mirror. My small handbag was all ready and I simply needed to ensure that my lipstick and my AirPods were added to the other contents in my bag. As I looked in the mirror one final time, I allowed my eyes to drift to Lando who I could see easily over my shoulder. He was looking at me attentively, with a soft grin on his face. I kept my gaze rather subtle, not wanting him to realise that I'd spotted him, so when he cleared his throat, I focused on my outfit. I was ready to go.

"Come on, Milly. Let's get going to the station," thankfully, the boys' apartment wasn't too far from Guildford train station, meaning we weren't in a huge rush to make it on time. We were running comfortably to the schedule I'd created in my mind, which was unusual for Lando. I couldn't complain, he was becoming more and more punctual as he knew that I wouldn't put up with his lateness. I didn't let him off the hook easily. "I don't want you to miss your train. You can't keep Callum waiting."

His comment sounded sarcastic and I picked up on that, but I didn't want to question it and create tension between us. I let his words slip and I simply nodded, shoving my lipstick into my bag and reaching for my AirPods from the bedside cabinet. Lando stood in the hallway, impatiently, but quietly, tapping his foot against the carpet. I assumed Sacha was still sleeping, hence why Lando was tiptoeing around the apartment for once, compared to his usual elephant like footsteps. I followed my best friend towards the front door and waited for him to collect the keys to his Mini. I locked the door behind us as we headed to the lift which would take us directly to the underground car park where Lando's car was waiting for us. I was an absolute bundle of nerves, and I wasn't sure why, but I had a feeling it was because I was going to be with Callum so soon.