fifteen

* just like OFFTH3MARK, i am a beg for comments and votes - she gets so many and i get two... i genuinely think i'm going to steal her story just for the attention. i'm joking, and there's sarcasm present here. but really, i appreciate the time you all take to read this. please don't be a silent reader! this chapter is around 7400 words long, so enjoy! *

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

"I am so hungry," I leaned backwards in my chair, sighing a little and placing my hands on my stomach. Callum and I ordered our starter and main dishes only five minutes ago, but I had no idea how much longer I could wait. "Aren't you? I barely ate today, wanting to make sure I was hungry enough for dinner."

"I am." Callum nodded his head. He looked good - smart - and I could feel the butterflies in my stomach building each time I looked at him. He was dressed casually, but it was also ideal for this type of restaurant; a white t-shirt, a suit jacket and the trousers to match, with his hair styled just perfectly.

Callum arrived at my house just before six, with our table booked for half past. We arrived in a taxi after deciding we both wanted a little drink. I didn't drink often, and definitely not in silly amounts because of my heart, but we were reunited and we'd both been looking forward to today. One small glass of wine wouldn't harm anyone.

"You look beautiful tonight," Callum made eye contact with me before reaching for my hand which was resting on the table. The goosebumps rose all over my limbs at the feeling of our fingers connecting. I couldn't understand why my body reacted like this - maybe I was falling for Callum. I was just telling myself that I wasn't going to and it caused me to ignore the fact that I actually was. "Red looks good on you. I love it."

I glanced down at the dress I was wearing. A red, long sleeved dress which covered my entire chest up to my neck, meaning I didn't have to worry about the scar which was still so prominent on my skin. I paired my outfit with some black, knee high boots, my hair in its natural waves while my makeup was a little more striking. I went with a darker red lip to match the colour of my dress. I felt great. I was confident in my outfit. I wasn't thinking about my scar, something which I never wanted to show Callum, too scared it would scare him away. The only person I trusted to see it nowadays was Lando.

"Thank you," I could feel my cheeks heating up quickly beneath my foundation. I didn't want to compliment him in response, scared it would give him the wrong idea. I had no idea what I wanted and it was nothing but infuriating. "You look good."

It slipped out anyway, but it wasn't too much. It was polite and it also wasn't a lie. He looked really good and if I wasn't too caught up on the fact that I was putting my job before a relationship, I would maybe open up to him about the feelings I was developing. There was no point in hiding it anymore, but I couldn't admit it. I couldn't bring myself to do it.

"I feel lucky to be here with you tonight." Callum's voice was quiet and he was looking at me shyly, his fingertips drumming on the table as he chewed on his lip. I didn't like seeing him so nervous.

"Likewise."

I looked at the small glass of wine which was perched beside my cutlery on the table. We thought about buying a bottle, but that would be irresponsible from me knowing about my heart, and it was a risk I did not want to take. Callum also opted for a small glass, plus we had a jug of ice cold water in the centre of the table anyway. I just wanted to have a good night with him. I was confident we would enjoy ourselves. I loved being in his company.

Our sharing platter of nachos arrived shortly after ordering, which I was delighted about because I was so hungry. Topped with jalapeños and plenty of salsa, my mouth watered at the sight. I was first to pick a nacho and ensure it was covered in salsa with a jalapeño or two, bringing it to my lips and devouring it. In all the years I'd lived in Surrey, not once had I visited this restaurant, but now, I knew that it was absolutely amazing. Jon knew that I was here tonight and having a slight cheat meal - nothing too bad because fajitas were actually fairly healthy - but he told me to have a good time. I didn't need to worry as much as Lando because I didn't have a strict weight to keep to as race weekends approached. I wasn't thinking about work tonight.