nine

* don't forget to comment throughout and vote!! please read the note at the end of the chapter *

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

"Fancy seeing you here, Ilott." I giggled, feeling my cheeks burn red beneath my foundation as Lando and I approached Callum on our way to an interview feature with Ziggo Sport. I thought he would be preoccupied, but, obviously not, yet I wasn't complaining.

"Fancy seeing you here, Perry," Callum rolled his eyes as a teasing tone lingered on his tongue. He winked at me and in that moment, I could feel Lando's eyes burning into the side of my head. I was absolutely sweating as the embarrassment rose within my body. I felt so shy. "Get back to work. I'll speak to you later."

I waved at Callum, reaching for my driver's wrist to ensure that he continued walking behind me. Now was the perfect opportunity for Lando to ask questions and all I wanted was for him to stay silent. After Callum and I went out for lunch, I was honest with Lando. I told him that Callum was open about how he saw me and Lando appreciated that, but I was also honest about what I said in return. He appreciated that more.

"You've gone bright red, I can see it through your makeup."  Lando poked my side and I chewed on my lip nervously. It was only Thursday, media day, meaning we would be here for the rest of the weekend, only enhancing the chances of me seeing Callum again with Lando by my side. I sensed that it was a little awkward, but I tried to put it past me because I didn't have time to worry about that while I was working. It was the exact reason I told Callum that I wasn't looking for a relationship.

"Don't bother asking any questions, Lando." I gave him a stern glare. After his obvious jealousy on the day Callum and I went out in London, I sat down with my best friend and we simply talked about everything on his mind, and everything on mine. I made it clear that I was focused on working with him and living out our dream.

"Too late," he giggled, wrapping his arm across my shoulder. At least he was being more lighthearted about it. "Do you have a crush? Does my little Milly have a crush on Callum?"

"One, I am not your little Milly. I'm older than you," I scoffed, causing Lando to roll his eyes as a grumble fell from his lips. I was so relieved when I saw the Ziggo Sport microphone stand coming into view. However, we were early, and Lando clocked on, so he reached for my wrist and stopped us in the middle of the paddock. "And two, no, I do not have a crush on Callum. How many times do I need to tell you?"

"One more time." In a rather teasing manner, a smirk plastered on his face, Lando allowed his eyes to meet mine. I shook my head. Honestly, I couldn't be bothered to put up with the constant questions anymore. I had enough to focus on and didn't need to spend my time worrying about Lando being disruptive with his silly questions.

"I'm too busy keeping you in line to even think about having a boyfriend," I stepped backwards and glanced at the time on my watch. With ten minutes to go until Lando's interview slot with Ziggo, I didn't want to move too far away from their setup outside McLaren. They were currently speaking to Carlos and I didn't want to interrupt them, so I ensured that Lando stayed put beside me. It was like having a four year old child to look after. "I don't know why I agreed to work with you in the first place."

"I can look after myself, Mila," he responded, clearly joking, because both Jon and I were most absolutely certain that he could not. "You can be with Callum. You're welcome."

"Pack it in, Lando." I glared at him, becoming rather annoyed at his constant teasing. I knew he was doing it on purpose to gain a reaction from me, but I wouldn't allow it any longer. I couldn't understand what it was that he was so bothered about when it came to Callum and I. We were only friends.