twelve

* sad chapter, happy chapter? you tell me - please vote and comment as always!! enjoy <3 *

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Sadly, I glanced at Sacha. I was so pleased to be with him today, especially because today would be the final day we spent together for while, but Lando should have been with us. He wasn't, and it was because of me. Sacha told me not to worry, that he spent all of his time at home with Lando, which was barely a lie. He told me that this time, with me, was exactly what he needed before he left for Japan the day after tomorrow. The thought of Sacha being so far away made me feel uneasy and I was desperate to beg him to change his mind, but this opportunity was absolutely huge for him. I knew that even when he was on the other side of the world, he would still be there for me. It wouldn't change the friendship we'd built together over the last year or so.

"You look really great today, Mila," Sacha placed his menu back down on the table after casting his eyes across it during a few moments of silence. I smiled at the compliment and took a quick look at my outfit. I chose to wear a black mesh, long sleeved top with a black bralette beneath it, a pair of skinny black jeans covering my bottom half with a belt securing them in place around my waist. My hair was tied up, a few strands of blonde falling around my face to provide more shape, with my makeup quite natural but striking. "How are you feeling?"

I knew he was talking about my argument with Lando. I told him everything, from my side, and I assume Lando also told him everything, but from his perspective. I told Sacha time and time again that nothing happened between Callum and I, which he believed, but I knew Lando didn't. It was obvious that Sacha knew something I didn't, and he wasn't going to tell me, but I refused to push it. Instead, I appreciated his loyalty to Lando, who clearly opened up to him in confidence.

"Alright," I shrugged. It was true. I was upset because Lando still hadn't texted me, and as much as I wanted to be the first to make contact, I promised myself that I wouldn't and that I would let him come to me. That way, he would be ready to talk about it. I had no idea what was going through his mind right now. "I'm surviving. I miss him, but I want him to be ready to talk to me about it."

"He doesn't hate you, you know that, right?" Sacha's words actually provided a great deal of comfort to me right now. This situation was one I'd never been in before and I didn't really know how I was supposed to behave. All I knew was that Lando meant everything to me, more than Callum or anyone else, but to him, right now, it didn't seem that way. "He's sad, too. He misses you, but he is adamant you're with Callum."

"But I'm not." I couldn't help but groan and roll my eyes. I couldn't think of what else I was supposed to do to make Lando believe me. Sacha nodded, rather empathetically, but I struggled to read the expression on his face.

"I know you're not. I try to tell him to stop being so stupid, but he won't have it." Sacha glanced at the waitress who was headed towards our table, one which was tucked away in the corner of the bustling restaurant. He fell silent as he waited for her to approach us, knowing she would take our lunch order. I was hungry, despite the fact that our conversation did make me feel a little uneasy. Lando always believed me, he always knew that I wouldn't lie to him, so this shouldn't have been any different. It was, because he thought I was keeping secrets from him. I would never do that. There was a difference between my business and keeping secrets.

After ordering our lunch, Sacha's eyebrows knitted together and I knew he wasn't done talking about Lando and I. Maybe Lando was moping around too much, hence why Sacha thought it was important to tell me. Or, maybe it was because he was leaving and he didn't want Lando to be alone whilst so much was on his mind. I had no idea. All I worried about was work, because I didn't want our argument to impact our working relationship since it really had no business in doing so.