💔 prologue 💔

the door of jaemin and jisung's shared room opened to reveal a worried taeyong.

"the boys called me. they said you were feeling sick." the leader spoke, approaching the bed on which jaemin was lying.

taeyong sat on the edge of the bed, placing a hand over jaemin's forehead to check if he had any temperature. fortunately, he didn't.

"you don't have a fever. what is the matter?"

"my chest." jaemin replied in a hoarse voice.

"what is the problem with your chest?"

"it hurts a lot."

taeyong used one of his hand to massage jaemin's upper torso, receiving a groan from jaemin once he put pressure on his ribcage.

"i think we should go to the doctor." taeyong spoke.

"no..." jaemin replied whining.

"we need to know what you have. i'm worried, jaemin. the others are too."

"but... i don't want to..."

since his hiatus back in 2017 and 2018, jaemin felt like a bother to the whole group.

not only had he made all the nctzens worried, but he had also caused problems inside his group.

he didn't want to go to the doctor.

what if, once again, he found something severe?

what if, once again, he had to go on a hiatus? just before the resonance comeback...

"i'm taking you to the doctor, jaemin. it's important. let me call the manager and then we're going."

taeyong walked out of the room, making sure ot close the door behind his back.

outside of the room, he found jeno and renjun who were staying side by side, looking at him with expectant eyes.

"is he better?" renjun asked.

"his chest is still hurting." taeyong explained. "how long has it been since it started hurting?"

"a few weeks. but he doesn't allow us to tell you. however, he felt really sick this morning, so we called you anyway." jeno told.

"you should have told me before." taeyong scolded. "if anything else happens, i want to know. understood?"

both renjun and jeno gulped at their leader's change of tone.

"yes hyung."

💔

jaemin was seating in between taeyong and their manager, in one of the many waiting rooms of the hospital. none of them dared talking.

jaemin had already seen a doctor, and he had done some tests. now, they were waiting for a second doctor to give his diagnosis.

"na jaemin." an old man in a white blouse spoke, catching the three males' attention.

the younger stood up and walked towards the doctor's office.

him, his manager and taeyong had agreed he would go on his own. at 20 years old, you were responsible enough to go to the doctor alone.

"please have a sit." the doctor told, as jaemin did so.

the idol took of his mask, feeling breathless under it. he neatly folded it before placing it on his lap and waiting in silence for the doctor to speak.

"so... jaemin..." the doctor said out loud, his eyes scanning the radiographs jaemin had done a few minutes prior.

"before giving you your diagnosis, i have a few questions to ask you, if you don't mind."

"of course." jaemin replied politely, feeling his heartbeat getting erratic in his chest.

"has anyone in your family got a heart disease?"

jaemin froze. what could this question bring to his diagnosis?

"huh... i don't think so... or, i've never been told about it." he told.

"okay. and... do you perhaps smoke?"

"no."

the doctor glanced at his documents once again.

"you don't have diabetes, and you're obviously not on overweight..."

"huh... no..."

jaemin gulped.

the man in front of him kept approaching the radiograph in front of his eyes as if to see better something going wrong in his body.

jaemin's stress level was getting higher each second.

he couldn't have something severe...

"jaemin... i am very sorry to announce you that... huh..."

jaemin's eyes watered at the words of the doctor. it meant nothing good.

"i don't understand how or why... but... huh... you have coronary heart disease." 

💔

norenmin

breathless heart

💔

welcome to my new norenmin story!!!

this one was requested by JaneYuzon, thanks a lot for the idea!

I hope you'll enjoy reading it! <3

love you all<3<3