💔 24 💔

jaemin was still in the 127 dorm.

the wayv members had come over and learned about jaemin's departure from the group.

they were broken as much as the others were.

jaemin had managed to get away of the group, walking into mark's room with his permission to call his mother.

he hadn't called her in a few days.

and he needed to tell her that he was leaving nct.

in the end, she was right...

maybe leaving nct was his destiny.

the boy dialled the number, waiting a few rings for his mother to answer.

it wasn't too early in the afternoon, so she was surely awake.

to jaemin's joy, she answered after two rings.

"hello jaemin. how are you doing?" she asked, and jaemin could hear her smile on the other side of the line. unconsciously, his own lips formed a small smile.

"i'm okay..." he said, not wanting to scare her too much. "have you... huh... seen the articles about me?"

jaemin's mother hummed.

actually, it was pretty hard not to see them.

they were all over the net.

"i did, baby..." she replied. "so, now they know about you?"

"yeah..." jaemin replied.

"is that something bad?" she asked.

jaemin waited a few seconds to answer.

he was trying to make sure his voice wouldn't deceive him in the middle of his answer.

"it's... complicated..."

"tell me everything, sweetie. i'm all ears."

"well..." jaemin sighed. "my members and managers were quite upset that i had lied to them... they didn't really understand that i didn't want to bother them..."

"it's true that it's something hard to digest, jaemin..." his mother reassured him. "but i'm sure they acted like that because they were worried about you and your condition."

"i guess..."

jaemin thought about that matter for a while.

the members' first reaction had been anger.

he remembered jeno and renjun telling him how much taeyong got mad at them for hiding it from him.

but eventually, this anger transformed into something else.

was it pity? was it brotherly love?

he wasn't sure.

what he knew was that they forgot about what they considered being a betrayal, and they started to be more cautious around the younger boy.

this was exactly what jaemin didn't want to happen, but having them act like this was better than them being angry at him anyway...