💔 27 💔

"is everyone there?" lee sooman asked, glancing at the crowd of boys that was stuck in his office.

"yes sir." nct's manager answered.

"perfect. i'd like jaemin to have a sit in front of me."

the fragile boy let go renjun's hand – that he had been holding on tightly for the past minutes – and made his way to the same chair he had sat on a few days before.

but this time, he wasn't alone.

this time, his whole group, his whole team, his whole family, was there to support him.

"so." the ceo exclaimed, making some of the boys flinch at the sudden raise of his voice. "you guys surely know everything that happened with na jaemin, here."

"we do." taeyong replied.

they had all mentally agreed to let taeyong speak and debate with the powerful ceo.

sure, he was the leader, but he was also one of sooman's favourites.

and most importantly, taeyong wasn't scared of sooman, and he didn't mind showing it.

"and i guess you also heard about his contract coming to an end." sooman continued.

"we did." taeyong nodded. "but, with all my respect, could i know when this contact ends exactly?"

the powerful man chuckled, shaking his head.

"it already ended, taeyong." he replied. "na jaemin is no longer part of nct. neither sm entertainment. i have the official announce being typed at the moment. and you'll be here with me when i'll publish it."

the boys exchanged glances.

that wasn't even human.

it would hurt both nct and jaemin.

sooman couldn't do that.

wasn't he supposed to be a decent human being?

"i want you and all the other idols from this company to know what awaits them if they disrespect the contract they signed." the ceo finished, his eyes piercing through jaemin's skull.

taeyong noticed it, and he placed one of his hands on jaemin's shoulder in a comforting manner.

"with all my respect once again- "

"you have something to say?" the ceo asked nct's leader.

"yes, sir." taeyong nodded. "we just had our resonance comeback, and jaemin has parts in many songs. we can't perform without him."

"of course, you can." sooman replied immediately. "replace him by jeno. he's a rapper as well and knows how to dance. plus, they had the same vibe."

"jeno doesn't have time to learn all of jaemin's parts in so little time, sir." taeyong argued.

"i'm sure he can."

sooman tried looking for jeno's eyes in the crowd, but the fact that there were 23 members as well as 3 managers in the room made it difficult.