💔 6 💔

renjun had always been a light sleeper.

the sound of a bird chirping could wake him up even if he hadn't slept for days.

sometimes, it was bothering the oldest boys, but other times, he felt like this behaviour was a blessing.

and tonight was one of those nights renjun was happy to be this easily woken up.

renjun was woken up around 3a.m.

someone had been called, or perhaps someone had forgotten to switch an alarm off.

renjun didn't give this too much attention as he turned around in his bed, ready to finish his night the best he could.

however, he heard the sound of footsteps.

renjun stood up from his bed, opening his bedroom's door to see who had woken up.

he noticed that the light of the bathroom was switched on, meaning that someone was inside.

out of curiosity, renjun walked towards jisung and jaemin's room and pushed the door open to find jaemin's bed empty.

so, it was jaemin.

renjun was about to head back to his room when a voice caught him off-guard.

"hello, mom."

renjun stopped in front of the bathroom's door, placing his ear against it to hear better.

jaemin was on the phone with his mother.

renjun didn't want to invade the boy's privacy, but something felt off, and that made him feel the urge to listen to their conversation.

a few weeks before, jaemin had met his mother at night.

now, he had set an alarm to wake up, and he was phoning her.

there had to be something about it.

"not so good... i feel my condition getting worse every day."

renjun listened carfully to every word jaemin pronounced.

so, something was going off with jaemin's life.

now he was sure of it.

jaemin had lied ot jeno and him.

"and i don't know what to do... why does that shit happen to me? and why does it happen now?!" jaemin stopped talking for a few seconds. "life may be unfair, but at that point, it's that i am victim of a malediction..."

renjun furrowed his brows.

a malediction?

what was happening to jaemin?

"first my back, herniated disk... and now my heart, coronary artery disease!" he let out. "i could die because of this, mom. i don't want to die! i am too young..."

renjun let out a gasp, slamming his hand on his mouth to prevent himself from letting out any sound.

so that's what was going off.

jaemin had coronary artery disease.

his heart was sick.

renjun could hear that jaemin was crying.

and let's be honest, he was too knowing that the boy had such a severe disease.

how could he live with such a big secret?

neither taeyong nor the managers knew about it.

jaemin was alone.

and on top of that, no one seemed to understand him.

"yes, mom... thank you so much."

hearing jaemin hanging up, renjun stood up quickly and stood at the end of the corridor, the furthest away from jaemin's room so that the boy wouldn't see him.

he looked at the boy heading back to his room and closing the door behind him.

renjun used the back of his hand to wipe his tears.

jaemin was sick.

jaemin risked to die.

renjun didn't even know what 'coronary artery disease' meant. but he was 100% sure that it was something severe.

renjun ran to jeno's room, closing the door behind his back.

donghyuck wasn't sleeping here tonight. he spent most of his time at the 127 dorm because mark was there.

renjun walked to jeno's side, shaking the boy awake immediately.

"huh...?" jeno mumbled, eyes not fully opened.

renjun let out a sob, not doing it on purpose, and alarming jeno immediately.

"renjun...?" he asked, sitting up on his bed.

"y-yes..." the crying boy answered.

"why are you crying?"

renjun sobbed harder, his mind being a mess at the moment.

he was already tired, and hearing about jaemin's disease made him completely loose his mind.

jeno pulled renjun inside the bed with him, allowing the smaller boy to calm down and feel comforted.

"j-jaemin..." renjun continued crying into jeno's chest.

"what about jaemin?" jeno asked, tightening the hug.

"i-i... i know what he has..."

jeno caressed jeno's back as the smaller boy's head was nuzzled into jeno's neck.

"tell me, renjun..."

"he has coronary artery disease." renjun told in a row before sobbing hard again.

jeno felt his heart tightening in his chest.

he only had a vague idea of what was what renjun talked about.

and it meant nothing good.

but right now wasn't the time to deal with it.

it was 3:30a.m., and they had a schedule on the next day.

"renjun, calm down... it's okay..."

renjun nodded, steadying his breathing while concentrating onto jeno's heartbeat.

"you're tired now, we'll talk about it tomorrow morning, when the shock phase will be finished. okay?"

jeno lowered his head to look at renjun in the eyes, but he was met with closed eyes and a peaceful and beautiful face.

jeno smiled, kissing renjun's forehead.

"goodnight beautiful..." he whispered, tightening the hug and closing his eyes as well.