💔 22 💔

jaemin entered the dream dorm sobbing.

it seemed to be something frequent now for him to do. sobbing...

as soon as he closed the front door, the dreamies ran to him, their hears breaking at the sight of the fragile boy sobbing.

renjun and jeno immediately brought him in a hug.

"what happened? jaemin... why are you crying?" renjun asked, holding him tight.

and let's say none of the dreamies were ready to hear the sentence jaemin pronounced.

"i'm leaving nct. i'm no longer part of sm entertainment."

💔

"he did what?!"

both the dream and the nct manager slammed their hands on wayv's manager to hush them.

"don't yell that!" the dream manager exclaimed. "no one knows yet."

"did he tear his contract for real?" the wayv manager asked whispering.

"he did. right in front of his eyes." nct's manager replied. "i felt so bad for him. like, doing this right in front of an idol isn't appropriate."

"that's so harsh."

the managers agreed, sighing together.

"so, he's leaving nct?"

"more than that." nct's manager replied. "he's leaving sm."

"i can't get it..."

wayv's manager thought for a few seconds.

something was off, and he knew it.

he hadn't been so concerned by the 'jaemin problem' because he had schedules with wayv in china, but now that he was back, he had learned about the issue.

"is sm firing him for something he can't control?" he asked with a brow raised.

"he's getting fired because he didn't follow his contract's rules." the dream manager answered.

"but still, getting fired for that is a bit over the edge."

"but there's still something wrong."

both dream and nct managers looked at their co-manager.

he seemed to be in a deep reflexion.

"stop me if i'm wrong." he said. "jaemin has a heart disease."

"yeah."

"and he's been living with it for a few months."

"yeah."

"more than living with it, he continued to practice and train hard when a comeback was approaching."

"yeah..."

"and we all know that comebacks are the most horrible parts of an idol life in terms of training?"

"of course."

"and jaemin didn't tell anyone about his disease."

"except from jeno and renjun."

"yeah, well. he kept it a secret."

"yes."

"and now he's getting fired for this?"

the nct and dream managers exchanged a look before nodding together. "basically."

wayv's manager didn't talk for a few seconds, processing everything he had just learned.

and that was a lot.

and it was very not logical in his mind.

"can you realise jaemin did something dangerous?" he asked.

"that's why we both scolded him." the two other managers replied.

"coronary heart disease isn't just something." wayv's manager continued. "it's something very widespread around asia. and we have the highest death rates."

"how can you even know that?"

"one of my friends has his grandfather who died because of this." he explained. "but, back to jaemin. he could have been in serious danger."

the managers nodded, understanding what their co-manager was about to say.

"and he kept training as usual, with a poor heart condition." wayv's manager said. "that's just so brave. not only has it been difficult physically for him, but it also was a mental trial. poor boy was hiding it from his members not to worry them. do you realise how much he put himself in danger?!"

"yeah, that true..." nct's manager replied.

"jaemin didn't say anything not to worry his members. he did that because he knew they had a comeback coming, and he didn't want to bother his members."

the dream manager nodded.

"he did that to protect his members for fuck's sake!" he exclaimed. "and now, he's getting fired for this!"

the three managers looked at each other in the eye, mentally agreeing on the same thing.

this whole situation was unfair.

jaemin wasn't supposed to leave sm entertainment.

not after everything he endured.

"who started the rumour?" wayv's manager asked.

"it appeared first on some website around seven." the dream manager explained, pulling his phone out to find it.

"do we know who posted it?" he continued.

"i don't think so."

wayv's manager continued thinking about the whole case.

"don't you think it is weird that someone reveals jaemin's disease when he kept it a secret, a few days after their comeback?" he asked.

"we should find who did it." the dream manager said, getting the problem.

"shinee's manager knows how to find the ip address of a computer. let's ask him." nct's manager replied as the three men ran across the sm building to get to their manager friend.

justice had to be made.