💔 5 💔

renjun and jeno had always been close.

the two boys had clicked immediately when renjun entered sm entertainment.

at that time, jeno and jaemin were always glued together.

they had some kind of best friend relationship, but growing older, this relationship had become something less brotherly, and much more loving.

for renjun and jeno, it was different, though.

renjun had always been fascinated by jeno, even before entering into sm entertainment.

when he joined nct dream, jeno was his role model.

the boy seemed to be perfect.

singing, rapping, dancing, handsome, muscular and friendly...

and so, renjun had gotten closer with jeno. and as jeno was always glued to jaemin, he had hung out with jaemin quite a lot as well.

everything changed when jaemin got on hiatus. between 2017 and 2018.

neither renjun nor jeno expected to feel this empty being far from jaemin.

and this made them even closer than they ever were.

they started sharing everything, from their bottles of water to their deepest secrets.

and did they discover interesting things...

renjun learned that jaemin used to have feelings for jeno.

jeno learned that renjun was gay.

renjun learned that jaemin didn't know jeno knew about his feelings.

jeno learned that he was renjun's type.

things escalated pretty quick, and they shared a kiss.

needless to say, this got them even closer.

even if they didn't get together, or if they never kissed again, they understood that they held a special place into each other's heart. and they understood that the depart point of all this was na jaemin. and so, this meant that this boy held another important place in both their hearts.

since then, they had promised themselves that they would make jaemin happy and keep him safe, so that he wouldn't need to leave them once again.

"renjun?" jeno asked, entering chenle and renjun's room.

"yes?"

jeno stared at renjun's bed where the older was wrapped up inside the comforter, only his head poking out.

jeno chuckled, approaching the boy on the bed after closing the door.

he sat down next to renjun, allowing one of his hands to find its place into the older's hair.

"i'm a bit worried for jaemin..." jeno told. "he refuses to open up..."

"i also tried a few times to ask him what was going on, and every single time, he assured me that there was no problem."

"it's obvious that there is." jeno told, making renjun nod.

the two boys stayed silent for a few seconds, renjun appreciating the caresses jeno was giving him on top of the head.