💔 1 💔

life couldn't be better for jaemin.

it was 3a.m., on a week day.

jaemin was wide awake, staring at his ceiling.

the doctor had announced him about his heart disease a week ago.

jaemin had been living with this secret on his arms for seven days...

once the doctor had told him, jaemin had sobbed hard.

a coronary heart disease? he didn't even know what that was!

but what he was sure of is that it sounded severe.

the doctor had explained to him that it was a disease in which the blood vessels that bring blood to your heart are damaged.

he had also told him that it was usually people with familial heart diseases, or smoking, or overweighted people that could have it. and also, people that didn't do enough physical activities. however, jaemin was none of that.

jaemin was a healthy idol, practicing every day, being careful with what he eats, and completely repulsed by the idea of having a death stick between his lips.

so, why? why him? why now?

he had walked out of the doctor's office after half an hour.

by then, he had dried all his tears, and managed to make his eyes look decent.

when taeyong and his manager had asked him what the doctor had said, he had lied through his teeth.

an angina.

that's what he had said. a big and strong angina.

thankfully, his two hyungs had caught the lie.

they had told jaemin to stay calm for a few days and stay in bed to rest the best he could.

and here he was, seven days later, up in the middle of the night because of his fear.

nothing was going right in his life.

why did it have to be him?

why did it have to be now?

jaemin stood up and walked out of his and jisung's room.

he grabbed his phone and got to the bathroom where he locked the door and sat down on the floor, his back resting against the sink.

he unlocked his phone, dialling his mother's number as hot tears escaped his eyes.

fortunately, his mother answered after two rings.

"jaemin, baby? why are you up this late? is everything alright?"

jaemin's mother was a nurse. and he was often working during the night shifts.

she was always reachable, at any time of the night.

jaemin had never though it was something this good until now.

"m-mom..." he told before loud sobs left his mouth.

he tried suppressing them using his arm to block any sound from leaving his mouth. but it wasn't enough.