💔 23 💔

"WhAt?!" the nct members exclaimed when jaemin came to see them later that day.

"this has to be a joke."

"no... i can't believe it."

"this is impossible."

"they can't do that."

"it's so unfair..."

jaemin shrugged.

his eyes were puffy red because of all his sobbing, his throat was sore, and he felt weak.

his heart condition didn't help him feeling better.

"i'm sorry..." jaemin mumbled.

before he could say anything else, the members jumped on him, engulfing him in a super-tight hug, making new tears escape from jaemin's eyes.

some of the members did also shed tears.

they never imagined something like that could happen.

the nct concept had been created for them.

adding new members to a group whose number of members isn't determined.

they are always ready to welcome new members. new idols who fit their style.

but they never imagine that one of them could leave one day. never ever.

and even less because he was being fired from sm entertainment.

"it's so unfair, jaemin..." taeyong said, sniffling.

it was as if one of his children was leaving him.

he didn't want that to happen.

"i know..." jamein replied weakly. "but what can we do about it...?"

💔

"we found the ip address of the device that spread the rumour!" the three managers barged into the dream dorm, only to find mark and donghyuck sitting a bit too close to each other on the sofa.

the two boys immediately stepped aside, leaving a larger place between their bodies.

however, their bruised and glossy lips betrayed them.

it was obvious that they had done something not so innocent a few minutes ago.

"we'll do as if we didn't see anything..." nct's manager spoke, pinching the bridge of his nose. "where are the others?"

"huh..." donghyuck wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.

"chenle and jisung are in chenle's room, jeno and renjun in my room, and jaemin is at the 127 dorm."mark replied.

"great. we need to have a chat with jeno and renjun." wayv's manager spoke before pulling the two others towards donghyuck's and jeno's room.

they knocked quicky before opening the door.

unfortunately, the view they had from the door made them sigh.

"what's with all this gayness in the dorm?!" the dream manager exclaimed, making jeno and renjun jump away from each other, as if they hadn't been caught in the middle of an intense make-out session.

the two boys felt their hearts stopping to function for a second.

"let's do the same as for mark and donghyuck and pretend we didn't witness anything..." nct's manager spoke.

"we wanted to tell you that we found the ip address of the person who spread the rumour." another manager spoke. "and since you were the only ones to know, you may be able to tell us who knew about it other than you."

renjun shrugged.

"jaemin didn't tell it to anyone. he wasnted ot keep it a secret."

"the only ones that knew about it were jaemin, renjun, i, his mother and the doctor." jeno added. "i don't think anyone else knew."

wayv's manager pulled his phone out, showing it to the two boys.

"the ip address of the device that sent the message is this one. it's a computer. here is its location." he explained. "does that ring a bell?"

renjun and jeno examined the screen, trying to get as much details as possible.

the red dot, signalling the location of the device that sent the first message about jaemin's heart disease.

it was a clinic.

"isn't that the place jaemin's mother works at?" renjun asked.

"i think it is..." jeno whispered, checking the surroundings of the clinic.

"it does ring a bell?"

"it seems to be where jaemin's mother works." the two boys told. "and it could be logical. she asked him to quit nct the night before."

the managers exchanged a glance.

"go tell jaemin. we're going to have a chat with sooman. this whole situation is completely crazy and unfair." they explained while walking towards the door immediately, as if they were in a rush.

"wait!" renjun spoke as their managers were about to leave the room. "aren't you... mad?"

"about?" dream's manager asked, furrowing his brows.

"me and jeno?" renjun asked, his voice squeaky.

"you are a couple?"

renjun and jeno exchanged a glance.

"huh... not really...?"

"what's that answer?" the wayv manager asked.

"well... we'd like to be a couple, but not just the two of us." jeno replied. "we'd like jaemin to be with us as well..."

"oh..." the three managers looked at them with big eyes.

"so... you're not mad?" renjun tried again.

"because of your homosexuality?" the dream manager asked.

"yeah..."

both dream and wayv's managers snorted.

"we're spending lots of time with this dude who's so gay for exo's manager. so, no. we're far from being mad at you." wayv's manager explained, earning a slap from this co-manager who had a blush appearing on his face.

the dream manager laughed as well. "actually, it's good. at least, you have someone to share your problems with and to care for you. and as an idol, it's something necessary."