💔 28 💔

jaemin was a crying mess, his tears staining taeyong's model-like shirt.

"i-i-i l-love y-you..." the boy sobbed, allowing his leader to pat his back.

"jaemin, this is just normal. you're part of the family. and none of us would let our family collapse for such a small matter."

jaemin nodded, continuing to sob in taeyong's shoulder as he recalled the scene that happened a few minutes before.

flashback

"i'm sorry?" lee sooman asked, furrowing his brows, obviously lost.

"you understood well. if jaemin leaves nct, we all do and nct disappears." taeyong replied.

"you can't do that." sm argued.

"i remember our contract saying that we had the right to abandon anytime." johnny spoke.

the ceo glared at him.

"i'm forbidding you to do that." he barked.

"do we look like we care?" taeyong asked with a cheeky grin. "i'm sure a more considerate company would be delighted to have us as a group.

"nct is a project that i created. no one can steal it from me."

taeyong laughed at the panic in the ceo's eyes.

he was stressed.

he was lost.

and he was losing at his own game...

"imagine everything you would lose if nct disappears..." taeyong spoke.

"kpop never disappears. once it's on the net, it stays there. your disappearance won't make you lose your fans." sooman replied.

"sure. but reputations tarnish. and yours could tarnish considerably." taeyong pointed out. "imagine everything we could tell the press... over working your idols, being unfair, firing people that didn't do anything..."

sooman used his fist to hit his desk, making taeyong's grin widen even more, if possible.

"imagine all the money you could lose..." taeyong continued. "imagine- "

"okay, okay!" sooman cut nct's leader. "what do you want?"

"this official announcement on jaemin has to disappear. jaemin is still part of nct, and he will be until the group disbands." taeyong said, placing a hand on the boy's shoulder.

sooman reluctantly nodded, using his thumb to erase the message that had been written.

"i deleted it..." he said. "jaemin is still part of sm entertainment and nct..."