💔 14 💔

"jaemin!"

"JAEMIN!"

"he's still breathing!"

"call a doctor!"

"wait, look!"

"he's waking up!"

jaemin opened his eyes slowly, being completely blinded by the sudden ray of light.

once his eyes adjusted to the bright luminosity, he acknowledged his location.

he was lying on a couch, in one of their styling rooms, backstage, and half of the members were standing next to it, bending over so that they could have a clear view of jaemin.

"jaemin! you're awake!" taeyong exclaimed, rubbing jaemin's forehead with the back of his palm.

"what... happened...?" the awakening boy asked as some of the boys helped him sitting up on the couch.

"you fainted just after the performance." shotaro explained.

jaemin looked around, finding jeno and renjun standing side by side and looking at him with worried eyes.

"i did...?" he asked, turning his head back towards taeyong.

"yes, you scared us so much." taeyong replied. "is everything alright?"

jaemon nodded slowly, glancing at renjun and jeno.

"how come you fainted like that? you never did before!"

jaemin stayed silent, only lowering his head in shame.

what could he answer...?

that his heart was sick? no. never ever.

"jaemin was surely tired after all. we've practiced a lot these past days, and now the comeback. this is overwhelming for all of us!" renjun said out loud, catching the attention of all the members.

"that's... right..." taeyong said, looking towards jaemin again. "do you think it could be this?" taeyong asked.

jaemin didn't hesitate to nod his head, giving renjun a small smile just after to thank him from the bottom of his heart.

"so, we don't need a doctor?" doyoung asked, locking his phone.

"i guess not." jeno told. "if it's just tiredness, we have to make sure jaemin eats enough and imperatively takes medicines."

"we'll ask the managers to buy some." taeyong nodded.

💔

"do you feel better?"

jaemin abruptly turned around, his phone falling from his hands, landing on the floor in a loud thud.

"i'm sorry. i didn't mean to scare you." renjun told, crouching to pick jaemin's phone up.

"it's okay..." jaemin replied, taking the phone that renjun was handing him.

"what are you doing up at 3a.m. again?" renjun asked.

jaemin sat down, leaning against the bathtub, renjun doing the same next to him.

"i was about to call my mother." jaemin replied, looking at his phone.

"why?"

"to tell her about me fainting. she's a nurse, she'll know what to do."

"you should rest, jaemin. not waking up every night and stay on the phone." renjun told. "jeno and i are genuinely worried about you."

jaemin looked at renjun into the eye, seeing how sincere the chinese boy was.

renjun was looking back at jaemin intensely.

jaemin could almost feel how much renjun was worried.

"i'm sorry..." he mumbled, leaning his head on the boy's shoulder. "my life is a mess..."

"i know..." renjun sighed, resting his head on jaemin's. "but you have jeno. and you have me. we know about your secret. we are here to help you. and also, to support you."

jaemin allowed himself to relax against renjun's body.

he may be a bit angry at this chinese boy because he was stealing jeno from him, but these thoughs seemed to fade a bit more every day.

renjun had been so kind-hearted with him.

he was the one to discover about his secret first, and he hadn't told anyone else.

he was always worried about jaemin.

he kept asking him if anything was going okay, and if he needed a break.

he was caring, and he cared for jaemin just like jeno did.

"thank you so much, renjun..." jaemin spoke, cuddling further into the boy's side. "it truly helps."

"you're welcome. it's just normal. i care about you. and jeno does too."

speaking of which, someone opened the bathroom door in the middle of their conversation, walking towards the toilets without even noticing the boys' presence.

"huh... jeno..." renjun called, not wanting to witness such a scene.

the korean male turned around with sleepy eyes, letting out a yelp when he realised that he wasn't alone in this room.

he rubbed his eyes for a few seconds to make sure he wasn't hallucinating.

"guys?" he asked in a half-asleep voice. "what are you doing here?"

"jae was about to call his mother." renjun replied. "and you?"

"going to pee, duh." jeno told.

"yeah, obviously."

jeno walked to the two boys, taking a seat on the other side of jaemin.

"can i stay with you?" jeno asked.

"yes." jaemin replied with a small smile, feeling safe here, sitting between two boys who knew his secret and were willing to help.

"are you feeling better?" jeno questioned.

jaemin nodded. "i'm going to call my mother to tell her. she'll know how to help."