Truth or Dare

~Mary jay~

I got down from the table and helped Carter as well. He basically cannon-balled into my arms, making me stumble backwards; again.

"You're golden, Carter."

Carter smiled innocently at me, showing his dimples as we dragged each other to the forming circle.

I sat down and to my surprise, Carter sat in my lap. He thought it was the funniest thing in the world until I pushed him to the floor and began laughing.

"That hurt, rude." He got up and sat next to me.

By now the circle had gotten pretty big but there were still people missing. Mateo being one of them.

Beck and her new friend sat directly across my Carter and I, making googly eyes at one another.

"Can you sense the sexual tension between them 'cause I know I can." Carter took a drink from his cup. I playfully hit his arm,

"Cap it!"

"Life of the party's here ladies and gents."

Ryder Mitchell.

I could see Beck slightly tense in her seat before making eye contact with me. I widened my eyes at her quickly before she lifted her cup to her lips and turned back to her friend, smiling.

"Ryder please. I wouldn't say crashing in my dorm room after showing your ass to a girl would be classified as the life of the party." One of the guys teased. He looked stoned again.

"It happened one time, man. Let it go!"

"Let it goo! Let it gooo! Can't hold it back anymoreee!!" Carter bursted into singing, which attracted weird looks from people.

"Cmon, Mj. Join me, be Anna! Or Olaf, whatever floats your boat." He wiggled his eyebrows at me.

I giggled at him, "You have the vocals of an angel."

"You all hear that? I'm the favorite, take that!" He fell backwards onto the couch we were sitting on.

"Yeah right." Beck teased, "Tell him about our first date, Mj."

"You went on a date and didn't tell me?! I thought we were besties!" Carter looked genuinely distressed.

I looked between both of them, "Well I-"

"This is like watching a bad telenovela." Mateo appeared out of literally nowhere. He comes at the weirdest times.

"Matt!!" Carter jumped up to hug Mateo, who pushed him back down with one hand.

"You reek of alcohol."

"Okayyy? Mj doesn't seem to mind!" Carter threw his arms around my shoulders, putting practically all his body weight on me.

"Oh, Carter. You're like a love-sick puppy." Beck shook her head.

"Whaaat? Mj's my bestie girl. Right Mj?"

Their eyes all averted towards me, even Mateo's.

"Yeahh, of course." I said uneasily.

"See? I win." He took another sip.

"Aren't we supposed to be playing truth or dare?" Ryder pointed out.

"Oh yeah!" Carter set his drink down. "Who wants to go first?"

"Me."

I heard a voice from behind me, one I hadn't recognized.

When I saw her face, it looked like the blonde girl from the bathroom who gave me attitude when I asked for soap.