2-Way Winner

~Mary Jay~

As much as I love the thrill of fighting, it was the last thing on my mind as I dodged this girls hits.

Mateo Easton had that effect on people. And my people, I mean myself. I knew he was watching which should make me nervous, but I felt even more confident.

Do you realize how embarrassing it'd be if I lost?

Seriously. I'd pretend to be dead. Ambulance and all.

We've been in this round for 2 minutes already and I hadn't went in yet. I watched her instead, throwing hits left and right. I decided to take my time on this one. It was a girl, slightly shorter than me. Her name was Sven. She was buff and built like a weightlifter. I noticed she wasn't very fast, though. I had the upper hand- being taller and quicker.

We circled a few times, throwing a few jabs here and there but I had to zero in on her, block everything else out. I steadied my breathing and got into a rhythm. She scanned me as if trying to memorize it.

She charged at me with speed, but I let her dodge herself into a corner. I smiled when I saw she realized her mistake. Her only way of getting out was to push me back, so I grounded my feet before sending jabs to her unprotected ribs.

Instead of guarding herself, she chose to attack more, trying to back me up. I wanted a fair fight, so I gave her what she wanted. I backed up slightly and caught Jean in the corner of my eye, who looked confused. Easton was standing next to him with his arms crossed, looking very focused. I winked at him before going in.

I used my speed to my advantage, circling around to her side. She adjusted quick, but not quick enough to stop me from sending hits to her side. She retaliated with a kick to my legs, trying to get me off balance. Since she was smaller, her only hope of winning would be getting me to the ground.

I couldn't let that happen.

We continued tussling back and forth before I got bored. We were 4 minutes in now and people were ready for action, so that's what I gave.

I began pushing her to the corner again. She tried maneuvering around me but I kept my steps wide. She zeroed in on my foot work which gave me the perfect time to deliver a right hook to her jaw. She stumbled from the impact and I took the chance to get a few body hits.

In the meantime, she swiped her foot under mine, bringing us both down.

She rolled over me, and I blocked my face. This beauty was NOT getting messed up tonight.

She aimed for my arms and sides, trying to weaken my block. I would no doubt have bruises.

I buckled my hips which knocked her off balance and I used the advantage to get to my feet. While she was in the process of standing up as well, I tripped her. I had about .5 seconds to get on top to deliver hits.

The crowd was getting louder by the second. I usually rushed fights, not wanting to do too much. But tonight, I had a special viewer.

And I demand my trip to Paris.

I locked my legs with hers so she couldn't use her hips to get me off. I sent multiple jabs before she guarded her face.

"Get up, Sven! You're stronger than her!"

"MJ!"

Half the cheers were for her and half we're for me. She pushed my hips back and I used the opportunity to grab her right arm, which I had observed was her dominant one. I released my legs and pulled her up with all my force. She grabbed my hair as I turned her over, putting both her left and right arms in uncomfortable positions.