Power

~Mary Jay~

Cherry and I sat and talked for a while about everything and nothing. I missed her so much, it's impeccable.

"Are you fighting tonight?" She sipped through her yellow-striped straw.

"I think so. I got some aggression I need to get out." I nodded and looked around the room. I always wanted to find the strongest people to fight; it was more fun that way.

"I fought last week and knocked her out. Jean says I can't fight again until this weekend though. Some shit about rest? The man is a machine himself, it's contradictory." She furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head disapprovingly.

I giggled, "You haven't changed a bit, have you?"

"Not at all, MJ."

"I'm glad."

She smiled softly and looked at the t.v before her face contorted into anger "What the hell? That wasn't even a foul, cmon, you idiots!"

I laughed at her dramatic demeanor and sighed as I looked around. There were people dancing to the music—definitely drunk. There was people preparing for their fights and some people just chilling around with each other like Cherry and I.

My eyes met Jeans and he smiled warmly before directing his eyes somewhere else while nodding and going back to me. I furrowed my eyebrows and turned my head to see what he was gesturing to.

I didn't see what he was talking about so I straightened my spine to see over the other heads. That's when I saw it. Him.

Bone.

I gulped and looked back at Jean with a pale face. He shook his head amusingly and shrugged. I blinked and shook my head no.

What if he was still mad at me for leaving? Was he still the same? Did he even miss me?

So many questions.

Jean shook his head yes at me and I let out a sigh. I know what he wanted me to do, and I wanted to do it too, but I was scared. Crapless.

I looked back at Bone. He grew his hair out so it was now dark brown and curly. He's always had eyebags since he was a kid, it was genetics. A boy picked on him for them when he was in 3rd grade for them and he broke 3 of his bones; hence his nickname. His real name is Luke.

I swallowed harshly and put a hand on Cherry's shoulder, "I'm gonna go do something real quick, I'll be back."

I kept my eyes on Bone as I spoke and was about to walk off without hearing Cherry's response before she grabbed my wrist,

"Be honest with him." She said softly, looking directly in my eyes.

I nodded and her hand fell from my wrist as I continued walking.

I kept my eyes on the back of his head. He had a cup in his hand and was talking to one of his friends. He looked happy and natural. What if I mess that all up? What if he's moved on and doesn't wanna see me?

Guess I won't know if I don't ask.

I loosened my shoulders and took a deep breath. I could do this. We could do this.

I widened my strides and looked directly at him. I'm surprised my stare didn't burn through his shirt.

I stood directly behind him but didn't touch him. I just looked at him. That was until his friend saw me and furrowed his brows. Which caused him to turn around.

Oh God.

His natural smile fell and he looked at me. I looked at him. We looked at each other. My stomach dropped.