Advice

~Mary Jay~

He pushed me back into the ropes, hitting the spot where Josh had kneed the other night. He walked towards me but I regained my balance quickly, lunging at him.

He grabbed me before slamming me onto the ground. My head hit the pad and I groaned in overbearing pain. He sent a kick to my side and I hunched over. I was exhausted but I'd never go down without a fight.

I grabbed his ankle, bringing him off balance. I used my unoccupied leg to kick his other knee, bringing him to the ground with me. I pulled my self up and positioned my knee to his crotch and kicked twice. He leaned over, exposing his face. My hands went wild, landing countless hits.

I pulled myself on top of him as my vision started to blur. This was no longer a two sided fight.

I kept hitting. Over, and over, and over again. My hands were red and bloody, but I couldn't tell whose blood it was; mine or my opponents.

Spike, an asshole who only comes to look at underaged girls in shorts and bras. I don't know why he's here, Jean forbid him from coming a while ago.

His pleads for me to stop had faded in with the cheers from the crowd. I wasn't planning on stopping anytime soon.

I was imagining him as Josh. They had the same hair color and face shape.

I lifted my right fist and brought it back down with speed, this time breaking his nose. Then the side of his face. I pulled his head up by his hair before slamming it back into the pad. And again. And another time.

"Mary Jay-" I could hear in the distance. "Mary Jay!" The voice was getting closer, it was Jean.

"Mary Jay, your gonna kill him! He's unconscious, stop!" He demanded.

I didn't stop until I was forced by Jean and Bone as they pulled me off, something they'd been doing a lot now.

"MJ, please. No more." Bone whispered in my ear, stopping me from swinging anymore.

I finally came to a halt, realizing the damage I had done. Spike was unconscious, but I could see his body moving. He was still alive.

Bummer.

I jerked them off me, "I was winning."

"You know I can't let someone die on my hands, no matter how disgusting they are." Jean reminded. "You're not fighting for money, Mary Jay. You're fighting for blood."

I ran my hands through my hair, "That's the point, Jean."

"No, it's not. You're not murdering anybody here, I don't care. Go clean up." I could tell he was only saying this because he cared, not because he was actually mad.

I looked at Bone, "Where's Cherry?"

"Back room." He gestured in a different direction.

I nodded, taking one glance at Jean's worried expression before taking off towards the back room. I pushed through the crowd of sweaty people with my elbows.

Once I reached the back room, I knocked on it 2 times, paused, then twice more. It was a code only the four of us knew so strangers wouldn't get let in.

Cherry opened it, her big doe-y eyes looking at me. She allowed me inside.

"Jean sent you back here to clean up?" She took the lollipop out of her mouth.

I nodded silently, taking a towel to wipe my hands with. They were all bruised up now.

"What's wrong? Usually you're talking up a storm about how you just beat your opponent, which I know you did."