Miracle Worker

~Mary Jay~

"He just walked away? Just like that?" Beck sat back in her chair, placing her legs crossed upon the desk.

"Mhm." I nodded slowly, "Even Carter was confused."

"Ladies." Mr. Rogers warned in the least intimidating way possible. He's one of those people who's set on doing something big with his life but checks into work every morning at 8:00 am.

And honestly, same.

"Sorry, Rogers." Beck smiled innocently at him before he shook his head and turned back to the board.

"Did you hear what they were talking about?"

"Nope, not even a little. It got a little heated here and there but nothing relevant. That brunette chick was there though."

Beck lifted one eyebrow, "Which one?"

"Not sure. She's short, 5'3 maybe, blue eyes. I think she's friends with that blonde one, Naiomi?"

"Trinity." Beck rolled her eyes at the mention of her. It was my turn to raise an eyebrow.

"Mateo and her dated or whatever, sophomore year. I don't know the full story but apparently she cheated on him. It got messy, they fought a little, and then it got dropped. I'm not sure what made them forget it so soon but now it's like they can't let it go."

Mateo had a girlfriend? Pigs must've flew.

"Who'd she cheat on him with?"

"Nobody really knows. The actual drama was kept private but the fights weren't." She shrugged while raising her hands behind her head and folding them.

"That's weird."

"You're tellin' me. I've been trying to get the spill every since the damn thing happened."
She scoffed.

"Beck," Mr. Rogers raised his eyebrows.

"Alright, I'm serious this time!" She giggled and lifted her feet from the desk and looked at me. I shook my head and directed my attention to the actual lesson.

+++

I held my bag on my shoulder as I walked to behavioral health. All I need is to get through this class, and boom. Lunch. I so desperately needed a sandwich of some sort.

"MjJ! Hey!"

I whipped around curiously to see a floof of ginger hair shuffling towards me. Her curls bounces as did her body as she smiled brightly at me.

"Amelia, hello." I returned the smile.

"Where you heading to?"

I pointed a finger to the hall, "Behavioral health."

"Oh, that burns. I had to take that last year until they changed my rank to blue so I don't have to anymore."

They can change ranks? Well, blend me up and call me skippy.

Ew. Sorry.

"It's not the worst," I shrugged, still smiling softly at her.

"I was wondering if you'd seen Feya around? I haven't spoke to her since yesterday and I can't find her anywhere."

I shook my head, "I came in after curfew last night and she was asleep. By the time I woke up this morning, she was gone."

Amelia's shoulders dropped slightly in disappointment, "Ugh, alright, thanks. If you see her, can you tell her I'm looking for her?"

I nodded curtly, "Sure, I'll pass the message."

"You're the best." She called out as she walked away.