Learn

~Mary Jay~

"Who is that." Easton more demanded than asked.

"You'll find out, get in the car."

He looked at me like I'd just grown three heads, "Are you in the CIA?"

I deadpanned, "No, Easton come on. I promise you'll be fine."

"You know him?"

I understood his confusion; Jean didn't look like the friendliest guy in the world. He was only 25 but looked a good 30. His tattoos didn't do him very well either.

"I know him. He's like my big brother. You'll love him too when you meet him, he's a big teddy bear. Now hurry, before he leaves us."

He mumbled something about hating teddy bears- which I know wasn't true because who hates teddy bears?- but walked to the car nonetheless. I got in the passenger seat and he sat in the back.

Once we got in I leaned over and kissed Jean's cheek, "Hey!"

He smiled, "Hey, kid." He raised his eyebrow as to say 'Who's this?'

"A friend of mine. Say hi, Easton." I turned to look at him. He glanced at me from the backseat before going back to looking at Jean from the review mirror.

He was definitely tense, that was for sure. "Hello."

"Whatsup. I'm Jean," he looked towards me and mouthed, 'boyfriend?'

I smiled and shook my head no. He shrugged and glanced at Easton, "Where you from, boy?"

"Nevada."

Jean nodded, "Nice place, you came here for school?"

"You could say that."

I looked at Jean and smiled, hoping he wasn't getting a bad impression on Easton. He chuckled and put the car in drive.

"Where are we going? You sure you're supposed to be leaving campus this much?" He sounded like a dad. Pft.

"It'll be fine. They won't even know we're gone. Let's go underground."

He looked at me, "You sure?"

Jean didn't really like bringing in new people who he wasn't fond of, which I understood. It wasn't legal so one snitch could mess up everything.

I nodded and looked at Easton, "Yeah. You can trust each other. Both of you."

Jean looked at Easton through the review mirror, "If you trust him, so do I."

Easton looked between the two of us wearily, "Yeah."

I giggled. I knew he was trying to be civil. He deserves a kiss on the cheek for that. Not from me though, duh. Ew.

"Let's hit the road then."

+++

The three of us stepped out of the car once we reached base. Easton had his hands in his pockets and looked very blank, meaning he was either confused or annoyed. I hoped it wasn't the latter.

I motioned for him to follow as we began walking. He obeyed but his expression didn't falter.

I scrunched my eyebrows, "What's the long face for?"

Jean was a few steps ahead of us so he couldn't hear. At least I hoped. Easton looked at the back of his head, "I don't like not knowing what's going on."

"I know. I think you'll like this. I want you to see a part of me that's not very. .pretty. You claim to have feelings for me, but I want you to see all sides to me before you're sure."