Sleepover

~Mary Jay~

Have you ever won a checkers game? Or like, have you ever finally got to do something you've been practicing for so long? Like a speech.

Yeah well, that's what I just did. In front of a crowd too.

Boom.

The dance came to a finish as we dropped to the floor dramatically. I think I might've broke my hip, and maybe a rib. Oh well, it's not like the nurse will give me anything other than ice.

Guess they're pay grade just isn't that great. And same, to be honest.

The lights flicked back off as immense cheers erupted from the crowd of students. I could hear Carter and Beck screaming the loudest over everyone else,

"That's MY bestfriend!"

"YES GAGA!! CAN I STEAL YOUR HAIR EXTENSIONS?!"

"I'm crying literal tears!!"

Why am I friends with these imbeciles again? I'm not even wearing hair extensions.

We got up asap as no one wanted to be seen awkwardly shuffling away when the lights turned back on. I felt sweaty arms wrap around me.

"You just killed that front spot!" Jenna exclaimed.

"Thanks, it was fun," I turned towards everyone, "You guys did amazing."

They all nodded and reached for their water bottles; Me on the other hand, forgot mine. *Mental sigh.*

I heard Ms. Lara close the recital over the speakers. I grabbed a nearby towel to wipe the back of my neck and jogged down to the auditorium seats.

I stood on my toes to see over everyone else, trying to spot Beck and Carter.

And Easton, I guess.

I finally spotted Carter's bright yellow sweater along with the glitter in his hair. I elbowed through the crowd as I neared them. Carter spotted me first, Beck and Mateo following after.

Carter toppled over Mateo as he came over, lifting me up and spinning me in the air.

"That was amazing, bestie. I wish I could take your face and put it as mine because those facials!"

I laughed, "It was a dance recital, not America's Got Talent."

He pulled back, still holding me in the air, "Your point?"

A hand appeared on Carter's shoulder, "I think there's been enough hugs, Cart." Mateo half-joked. He was smiling but his tone was serious.

That man has issues.

Carter looked back at me and I shrugged before he put me back down.

Beck threw her arms around my shoulders from behind, "You were nervous for what?"

"Who said I was nervous?"

"I could tell by the way you played with your curls."

"You mean my extensions?" I mocked.

"It was a figure of speech, alright?" She defended.

We laughed and let go as Carter and Beck started to talk about who knows what.

"I've seen better."

I whipped around and looked Mateo up and down from over my shoulder. I scoffed and turned around fully,

"Really? Where? In your dreams? I always knew you had a thing for me." I teased.

"Sure, you could say that."