[4] - 𝘭𝘢𝘨𝘰𝘴

THE AVENGERS GOT A LEAD on the location of Brock Rumlow. At first, the team thought they had a lead on Bucky Barnes, but upon further investigation, it was revealed to be Crossbones himself.

Rumlow had been targeting local police stations, and this time the team wanted to take him down for good.

A part of the team wondered how Rumlow even survived the Triskelion collapse, especially Sam, who fought him before narrowly escaping himself. Y/N remembered those times.

Their first encounter with the Winter Soldier.

Nick Fury faking his death.

The revelation of HYDRA being within S.H.I.E.L.D.

It opened Steve's eyes. How trusting agencies and governments can backfire.

At this time, Natasha, Wanda, and Y/N were undercover at a local cafe. They were spread out to not garner any attention.

Wanda wore a cap as she sipped her tea. Behind her, a couple tables away, sat Natasha who was also having a drink. Y/N leaned against a wall, wearing sunglasses and reading a magazine.

"All right, what do you see?" Steve asked into his comms. Wanda gave a quick glance behind and saw the two police men.

"Standard beat cops. Small station." She looked back again and examined the area, "Quiet street. It's a good target."

Meanwhile, Rogers was looking through a window down at the street.

"There's an ATM on the south corner, which means?" He asked.

"Cameras." The witch answered.

"Both cross streets are one-way."

"So compromised escape routes?"

Y/N flipped a page of his magazine, hearing their exchange and chiming in, "Means our guy doesn't care about being seen. He isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out."

"You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?" Steve asked Wanda.

"Yeah, the red one? It's cute."

"It's also bullet-proof, which means private security...which means more guns...which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us." Natasha cut in, taking a sip from her tea.

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?" Wanda nonchalantly remarked.

"Really? That's news too me." Y/N sarcastically replied.

"Watch your words." Wanda smirked as she sipped her tea, "You don't want to get on my bad side once we're done here."

Y/N chuckled, he liked the playful banter they'd occasionally have.

"I'm starting to miss that beautiful accent of yours."

Meanwhile, Sam Wilson walked along a rooftop overlooking the town. He spoke into his comms.

"Are Bonnie and Clyde done? I'm starting to get queasy."

"That wing suit might be on a little tight." Y/N shot back.

"Eyes on target, folks." Steve told the team, "This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months. I don't want to lose him."

Sam scoffed, "If he sees us coming, that won't be a problem. He kind of hates us."

"Who do you think he hates more? Cap or Sam?" Y/N asked.

"Maybe the guy who dropped a building on his face." Natasha answered.