VIII - welcome and goodbye

As Howl and Sophie were preparing to the town somebody knocked the door. Weird - they weren't excepting anyone.

"Who's there?" Asked Sophie curiously.
"Madame I'm from the castle. I have a letter for umm...for The Witch of the Waste from our prince." answered stranger outside. Grandma looked up. "Mm see Markl, I told you our prince likes me" smiled grandma on him.

Markl rolled his eyes. Since Howl and Sophie were together all the time he had to spend so much time with grandma and listen to her notes about that prince Sophie saved.

Sophi took the letter but the stranger man was still there. "Anything else?"
"Oh no madame, I was just told to wait for answer." answered he politely.
So then Sophie gave the letter to grandma. She impatiently opened it and started reading, smile appearing on her face. Everybody were now looking at her with questioning faces. Well , maybe that stranger form Palace didn't.

"Oh what a great news." said happily grandma. "Markl, please can you help me pack my things since Sophie is going to the town with Howl?"
"What?" said all of them at the same time.
"Oh children, the prince asked me to live in the palace as his wise counselor." she smiled at them. "I know ya'll will miss me. Don't worry me too. But you won't be angry right? You can always come to visit." Grandma seemed to made her decision.
Of course...thought Markl, he would swear she loved the prince.
"Um okay I guess. If that's what you want grandma." said Sophie still little confused.

"Excuse me. So can I say you agreed? And send a carriage for you?" asked the stranger man.
Nobody seems to listen so Howl had to answered him. "I suppose yes"
"Okay. Pleasure to meet you. The carriage will arrive at 2 pm." And the stranger left.

"So what does it mean? The old lady is leaving us or...?" asked Calcifer form the fireplace. "Yes. But thank you for your warm you cute little fire" smiled Grandma. Everyone seemed confused a little bit but it looked like it's decided already.
"Hey. Wake up everyone. Looks like I still have to make decisions huh?" laughed Howl.
"Sophie and I are going to the town. It was nice to have you here grandma. But I believe you will have great time at the Palace. Markl will help you pack your things."

Grandma thanked to Howl and looked to Markl. "And...And Heen?" Markl was worried she will take him.
________________________________
Writer's note: Im sorry I found out that I was spelling the dog's name wrong. I used Hin instead of Heen. Sorry again. Love ya'll ❤️
_____________________________

"I will leave him here. Don't worry little boy. Master Howl was right, he has fun with you." hugged grandma Markl tightly.
"Uh - uh thank you" panted Markl.

Sophie was still pretty confused but as she said goodbye to the old lady she realised that nothing will be much different. After all there will be no chance she would become an old lady again. Sophie smiled and kissed Grandma on forehead. "I will come to visit you" and then went to the town with Howl.

Hey. Im sorry for this kinda random chapter but I made my decision that grandma is no longer really important in my story line so...I hope she will be happy in the Palace;)❤️