XXIX - Anger in her eyes

Loona was growing and their little family was happiest than ever. Prince - that they have saved - gave Howl some sort of holiday, so he can enjoy his little daughter and spend more time with his family. Some time has passed and suddenly - Loona had her first birthday. Sophie was sparking with joy in her face and Howl couldn't stop kissing her. Well, Markl and Calcifer were pretty tired of it already I believe.

"Hoooowl, can we go now?" asked Markl. Sophie turned to him. "Wait - go where?" she thought they will be all together for this day. Howl calmed her down and said they're just going to the town to buy some things for Loona's birthday.

"We're gonna miss you - don't be there for too long" smiled Sophie to Howl, holding Loona on her waist. Howl kissed Sophie tenderly on forehead. "I'll be right back" he looked to his daughter "okay my little witch?" Loona giggled while she was playing with his dark hair. "Howl, we talked about this - sheš not a witch." argued Sophie. Howl didn't even look up from his cute little baby "We will see..." and gave Loona little wink that made her laugh. "YEAH don't worry Sophie. I will miss you TOO. Now can we go?" spoke up Markl, clearly annoyed by their love. Sophie laughed and let them go. She understood Markl, he was starting puberty and probably needed some friends. Maybe he could go to school...

****

Sophie was cleaning the kitchen while Loona was playing on the blanket with Heen. She wondered what is taking Howl so long. They should be back by this time already. Hope nothing happened to them... She looked at her daughter. Something was different. Her sea eyes were sparkling more tha usually. "What happend baby?" she asked her. Little girl stared into her mother's eyes and started crying silently. Sophie was shocked. What the hell did just happen? "No, nononononono baby don't cry" she picked her up and stroked her hair "what happened? Everything is okay my little girl." Sophie wanted to continue with calming her baby when the door flew open. Shocked Markl stood there out of breath and words.

"M-mmm-madamme Sulimann. She- she kidnapped Howl! She's helding him hostage!" he shouted with fear in his eyes. He looked at Sophie and didn't see what he expected. There was no fear, no stress, no sadness. He never saw Sophie like this before. He never saw an extremely angry woman....