XXII - You have to survive

Few weeks past since Howl left. The danger turned out to be more difficult than everyone thought. He was at the tent Prince gave him, laying on the bed - If he could call it like that - resting. Sullimann must called every witch in their country. He was returning to hsi tent late at night in blood every day. But he kept fighting. For Sophie. For Markl. For his unborn little baby....for himself.

That day he came back hungry and every inch of his body hurt. "Please can someone bring me some food?" asked Howl some soldier in the camp. Soldier nodded and said they will bring it to his tent. Howl then went rest. A sweet voice of some young beautiful lady woke him up.

"Your food Howl" she smiled at him and placed the food on table. Howl thanked her and expected she is going to leave. "Anything else you need?" She asked with her sweet voice. Howl wanted to sent her away but he suddenly felt pain in his back and it has showed on his face.

"Oh let me help you. Im one of the doctor at this camp" smiled again that lady and moved closer to Howl. She was beautiful. Howl thought about Sophie and everything. He didn't see her for such a long time... and this girl had this sweet smile and was nicely helping him. She looked in his ocean eyes. He felt helpless under her gaze. But something started to feel off.

She leaned for a kiss and then he saw it. The eyes of the witch.
"Don't worry. I'll tell madame Sullimann to take care of that poor ugly girl you love" she smiled almost psychotic when Howl felt the cold knife on his chest. His eyes were wide opened when he screamed Sophie's name and blood started to running uncontrollably from his chest till his white shirt turned into red...

"Sophie"
Whispered Howl as his eyes became empty.