XVII - Siblings?

*after a while - maybe about three months?*

Sophie's belly started to grow. She counted that she's probably in the middle of 4th month with the help from Calcifer's magic. Howl was lovely caring boyfriend. Well, sometimes maybe too caring. And Markl... Mark was just so impatient.

"Sooophie?"
"Yes Markl?" answered Sophie, not looking up from her book because she already expected some of his impatient questions.
"You know how you said that with a wedding and stuff like that would be too much work now when you're carrying my brother?" asked Markl while he was watching her belly very interestingly.
"Wait - your brother?" Sophie was quite shock.
"Of course!! I mean - I know you're not my mother but...I see you like - someone who can maybe replace my mom?" Markl looked so worried that she will say no. But Sophie loved him so much. Of course she wanted to take care of him and everything. She immediately loved how he sees her as his mom and her baby as his future sibling. She took him on her lap even that Markl was little bit resistive as always. "Uhh I'm too old for this!" he frowned.

"Well look at that." laughed Sophie "now you're  too old but still want this little baby in me to be your sibling. I love you Markl. And I'm really honoured that I can replace the role of mom." And she kissed him in his hair. He smiled. "You are a very good at this role."  Grinned Markl.
Sophie placed her hand on her belly. "Do you think I will be good mom for this baby?" she asked little worried now. Markl didn't even think about the answer.

"OF COURSE YOU WILL BE!!! You'll be the Best Mom! Eh...not really sure about Howl but he's nice. But you will be the best mom for my little brother" almost screamed Markl.
"C'mon buddy. Howl's trying. A lot. We can't expect from him he will be perfect in everything" she laughed "and how the hell are you so sure it is going to be a boy, young man. Wouldn't it be nice to have some little girl here?"
"Well...maybe...but...I'll prefer boy." smiled Markl nervously.

After a lunch they had together she was reading in the arm chair while Markl was learning some easy spells.
"Markl? Do you know where is Howl? I thought he went just for some food. He should be back already." asked Sophie looking on the time.
"Umm n-no I- I don't know! Yeah, I don't know where he is. But I'm sure he will be right back! No worries." and Markl's cheeks turned red.
Demons couldn't you be even more suspicious?! Murmed Calcifer.
"What??? Do you guys know something I don't?" asked Sophie nervously.

"Tell her. It's time anyway" gestured Calcifer to Markl - Sophie still with surprised face.
"Okay. So Sophie...you was pretty stressed about that pregnancy so we - well mostly Howl wanted to surprise you. Can you please go to your room? There is a gift on the bed. Take it and come downstairs please." smiled Markl excited.
"O-kay" and Sophie went upstairs.

What do you think it is? Love ya'll ❤️❤️❤️