XXI - Very much alive

Howl had to leave sooner than everyone thought. All of them had different feelings and yet - were scared a little bit. Howl was still making sure they know what to do in any possible complications. Sophie was reminding Howl to be careful and to think before act. She was scared but didn't show it. She knew Howl had to go and he wouldn't do that If he knew she's scared. And Markl felt maybe too much responsibility for Sophie and his "little brother" in her belly. But after all...they made it to say goodbye.

"I will come back" whispered Howl to Sophie and placed his hand to her belly. "I promise"
Sophie wanted to say something but a little sign of pain distracted her.
"Oh - Sophie I - I swear your belly just kicked my hand" Howl stood there very confused and was about to panic. But interestingly Markl stood up. "No Master it's totally okay. The baby is kicking, I guess for the first time. It's good sign that it is...alive? I guess" Sophie laughed. "Of course it's alive. And very much alive as I feel." Howl was still little bit confused. Maybe I should borrow some books about that whole pregnancy thing from Markl....
And then - he had to leave.

🌸🌸🌸

Markl found Sophie in her bedroom - reading a book. She didn't know he's watching her and Markl noticed she's not reading. She was just emptily looking into the book with sad face.
"What's happening Sophie?" Asked Markl sadly.
"Saints you scared the hell out of me Markl" jumped Sophie and dropped the book. "Nothing - I just - no. It's nothing" she smiled at him. He didn't believe her and she noticed that. Maybe she should tell him after all...

"I just. I am scared. I am really young to be a mom and I felt okay when Howl was here but now I feel like I'm going to freak out" Sophie looked down to her feet so Markl couldn't see the fear in her eyes.
But surprisingly he gave her the exact opposite reaction.

Markl sit next to Sophie's chair and grabbed her hand. "Don't worry Sophie. You always took care of me. Now It's my turn to take care of you. After all I took care of your Howl when he was being drama queen unless you showed up. Calcifer is going to help us and at the end of the day ... we can always visit a normal hospital. I promise you I won't let you be scared." Markl hugged her and Sophie realised how he really is not the little messy boy.
She smiled at the fact he called his master "Her Howl"

Sophie's Howl...