~Chapter three~ Familiar eyes

In this chapter: A little Angel POV(;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~

~Angel~

To say I'm angry would be putting it lightly. That blonde kid was making Annabel laugh. I should be the one doing that! Not him! She's mine! I punched the wall out of anger.

"Brother, it is not wise to take out your anger in such a way. Now what is the matter?" My sister, Chapin, came from behind and put her hand on my shoulder.

"A boy made my Annabel laugh. I should be the only one doing such a thing!" I sat down and rubbed my temples.

"You know, if I didn't know any better, I'd think you're jealous." She smiled wickedly and started laughing.

"Shut up! I am not!" I groaned because in truth, I really was jealous. I was more than jealous.

"You are. But remember your place brother. She is not yours per say. You are to protect her at all costs. It is important you follow orders. She will only be yours if she chooses to be." With that, Chapin left me with my thoughts.

I hate to admit it but she's right. Annabel isn't mine. She's mine in the sense that I am assigned to protect her, but she's not mine the way I want her to be. She's perfect. And I want her. No.... I need her.

I felt like a stalker having to watch her all the time, but it sure put me at rest to know she's safe. She was sleeping out on her balcony and it was starting to get dark. I caressed her cheek, sending chills down her spine. I jumped off the balcony out of sight. She woke up and shivered before going inside. She looked scared though, which was not what I wanted to happen. The good thing is, she's safe. I smiled before going home.

~Annabel~

My alarm woke me up at six. School starts at eight, giving me two hours to get ready. I slowly got out of bed and made my way to the bathroom. After getting undressed, I hopped in the shower and took a quick one. I threw on a purple sundress to bring out my eyes and a matching purple bikini. I figured I'd hit the beach after school today. I put my hair up in a bun and put on white sandals. After putting on my favorite perfume(Paris amor), I grabbed my book bag and headed downstairs.

My parents were still in bed. I ate some pop tarts and drank a glass of milk before looking at the clock. 7:00. What do I do for an hour? I know! I'll head down to the beach and check it out. I put on my white sunglasses before heading out the back door which was located in the kitchen. The back yard was huge with tiki lights lining the path to the gate. There was a large pool to go along with it. Geez. I rolled my eyes and opened the gate, walking through and closing it behind me. I headed down the pathway that lead to the beach.

There wasn't many people on the beach when I arrived. It was about 7:20 and I started walking down the beach, with my sandals in hand. I was enjoying the sun and the water hitting my feet. That is, until someone came up behind me and picked me up. I screamed and started flailing until I realized who it was.

It was him.

That kid from my biology class. He was smirking as he set me down. I took this time to take in his appearance. He was wearing a black v-neck with black sunglasses, blue Levi's, and converse. I hit his chest, which was as hard as a rock, and started walking away when he caught my arm. My whole arm tingled at his touch. I jerked away out of instinct and stood there looking at him. I think he noticed too, because he awkwardly put his arm down by his side and backed up a step.

"Hey. Sorry I scared you." He chuckled nervously.

"It's fine. You know, I never caught your name." I raised my eyebrow, waiting for an answer.