~Chapter seven~ A bad day

More Angel POV! Here ya go(:

Song to the side is Breathe Me by Sia->

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~

~Angel~

She was cold. I could sense it. Not wanting her to suffer, I snuck into her room from the balcony door and crawled under the covers, pulling her to me. She was practically sleeping, so she didn't open her eyes. Warmth automatically surrounded her. I was naturally warm, which definitely helped the situation. I smiled when she snuggled into my chest. Her red hair laid out across her pillow and I had to fight the urge to run my hand through it.

I hated the fact that she was going on a date with Carlos. I didn't like that kid. There was something... Off about him. But I couldn't point any fingers until I knew more about him. After all, I respect Annabel's decisions. It's my fault that I didn't try harder. I wanted her to be with me, to be mine. I guess I waited too long.

I reluctantly left her house before she woke up. Jumping over the balcony and landing with a soft thud, I started for my house. But not before looking back. God, why did I wait so long?

When I got back home, Chapin was waiting for me.

"You know you have to tell her soon. If you wait too long, it'll be too late." I sighed in reply.

"I know. I don't want to scare her though. What if she doesn't accept it?" Chapin walked over to me and laid a hand on my shoulder.

"She will brother. Trust me." With that, she exited my room and I flopped down on the bed for a few hours before I had to get ready for school.

~Annabel~

My alarm stirred me out of my sleep. I slammed my hand on it to turn it off. To my dismay, Angel wasn't laying next to me. As soon as he crawled into bed last night, I was filled with warmth. But now I'm not so sure that was reality. Did he really come or was it just a dream?

I smiled before lazily crawling out of bed. Ugh I hate school. I quickly stripped out of my pjs before hopping in the shower. After a quick shower, I got out and dressed in a pair of jean shorts, with a cut off shirt that said 'love' on the front. I had on a pink tank underneath to match the heart on the front. I put my hair up in a messy bun and threw on matching flip flops.

When I got downstairs, the smell of bacon filled my nostrils and I was sucked into the kitchen. My dad was sitting at the table and Claudia was making breakfast at the stove. I flopped down next to dad and kissed him on the cheek.

"Hey honey. So I didn't get a chance to ask. How was the party on Friday night? Did you have fun?" I nodded, not wanting to go into details.

Being the awesome dad he is, he didn't push me to explain further. He seemed pretty content with just a nod from me. Claudia set a plate of bacon, eggs, and toast in front of me and I dug in right away. Dad chuckled and started eating his breakfast. Claudia sat down and kept glancing at me before going back to eating.

Finally she broke the silence.

"So... Did you meet any boys?" She smiled at me and I almost choked on my food.

"Umm... Yeah. But they're just friends, mom." I laughed a little then realized what I said, which made my laugh stop and my face twist into a frown.

Claudia had a confused look on her face as I frantically looked around. I looked at the clock and realized I had to leave for school.

"I- I got to go to school. Love you guys." I abruptly stood up and grabbed my bag before running out the door.

The tears were threatening to spill from my eyes. I held them back as I ran down the sidewalk. I knew my way to school, but I didn't want to go. So instead of heading to school, I went to the beach instead. I sat down in the sand, just staring out over the water. My face was expressionless and my mind was blank. Suddenly, a pair of arms wrapped around me and lifted me into a hard chest. I closed my eyes and leaned into it. I knew who it was. There was no need to wonder. His scent filled my nose.