~Chapter twenty-one~ Break Free

song to the side is Yamaha by Delta Spirit :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~

~Angel~

As soon as her body hit the floor, I was up and running to her. I completely forgot about any pain that was coursing through my veins. All that mattered was Annabel. I felt her pulse. I was relieved to see she was still breathing, but she wouldn't wake up.

"What did you do to her?" I croaked out.

"I did nothing. The question is what did you do to her?" My mother walked over to me.

I suddenly went into defense mode. There was no way in hell I'd allow my mother to do anything to her. No pun intended.

"Get away from her. Now." I glared and stood my ground.

"You've lost your mind if you think for a second I would let you even touch her." She cackled at me.

"Oh? Haven't we all? All because of that stupid excuse of a girl. She caused all of this. We should just kill her and make things easier on everyone." She stepped closer and I hovered over Annabelle.

"Carlos. Get him." My eyes widened as my brother came running towards me.

My wings sprung out faster than you could blink an eye and I used them to cover both of us. He wasn't getting me. And he sure as hell wasn't getting my Annabel. I heard a swoosh and soon enough pain surged through my wings and rippled through my body. I hissed in pain but held my ground. I was losing this battle. I knew that much. My wings were fighting to stay put but it was no use. He broke my barrier.

I was pulled away from her and I thrashed with all I had. My mother crouched next to Annabel's body and pulled out a knife. I was filled with fury now.

"DON'T YOU FUCKING TOUCH HER! GUYS, DO SOMETHING!" I desperately looked over to my friends for help.

Jacques, Cassius, Caspian, and Rayne were stuck behind a barrier surrounding us. They couldn't get in. They tried, I gave them that much, but there were demons everywhere. Cilix and my sister were desperately trying to get out of the hold of demons whom were holding them by their necks against the wall. I wanted to help them, but I couldn't. They all had white wings, and for once I didn't have to wonder why mine were black while theirs weren't.

"I would kill both of you, but killing her will do the trick. I won't even have to bother with you. I'll enjoy watching you suffer as she dies." A tear threatened to spill from my eye.

"P-please don't do this." Annabel definitely turned me into a softie.

"Pleading will do no good." My mother smirked before plunging the knife through Annabel's heart.

But I felt no pain. Annabelle's body glowed and vanished. A surge of power went through me. I suddenly felt a million times stronger. I broke free from Carlo's grasp. My hands flew to his neck and I pinned him against the wall.

"You're dead." My eyes changed from orange to black and everything became a blur.

~Annabel~

Before I stepped all the way through, my wings went back into my back. I was worried that I wouldn't know how to bring them back out, let alone use them. Once I stepped through the portal, I was overwhelmed by what stood before me. Blood was everywhere. Mutilated bodies were on the ground and Azrael stood in a corner of the room, eyes widened in both shock and terror. Chapin and Cilix were holding each other, sitting against the wall covered in blood. Jacques and the boys were inching towards the door, standing clear of the demonic creature before us. He was no demonic creature though.