~Chapter seventeen~ I'm in hell. Literally.

~Angel~

I was afraid of what Annabel meant by never seeing her again. Did she break up with me? That's not possible. She's my soulmate. We're together forever. Literally. But something was wrong. And I was going to find out what it was.

I pulled into my driveway and barged through the front door to see everyone sitting in the living room. They all looked up with raised eyebrows. Except for Chapin and Cilix. Chapin was looking everywhere but me, and Cilix was simply glaring at me, pulling Chapin close to his side.

Apparently he still didn't trust me around her. Dumb ass.

"What was that about? It sounded like there was about to be a bitch fight." Caspian shot at me.

Damn that boy. He throws everything he's thinking out there. We don't even need to try reading his mind because his mouth beats us to it. Sometimes I wish he'd keep it shut. He's almost seventeen, the youngest among us, but he acts like he's five.

Cassius smacked him upside the head. I liked Cassius because of the fact that he was the more mature twin between them. He knew how to put his brother in line. He shot me an apologetic look and I shook my head.

I sat down on the couch, trying to forget about the fight Annabel and I got into. It was really starting to eat me alive. I needed to talk to the big man, but he was busy right around now. Great.

Everyone went back to what they were doing and I tried my best to watch the movie they put in. I had no idea what it was about. I was kind of just staring into space. Every time I made eye contact with Chapin, she would give me a nervous look and advert her eyes. I was starting to get suspicious. Did she know something?

Soon enough, everyone headed to bed and I was left with just Cilix and Chapin in the living room.

"Well, I'm beat. Wanna get to bed sweetheart?" Cilix stood up pulling Chapin along.

"Y-yea. Let me just get a drink. I'll be right up." Cilix gave her a kiss and headed upstairs, sending me a warning glare on the way.

Seriously, he needs to chill. She's my sister, and she'll always be closer to me than him. No matter what.

"Brother..." Chapin sat uncomfortably on the edge of the couch and turned to face me.

"What is it?" From the sound of her voice, I knew this was serious.

"Earlier, when Annabel was here, she said something that worries me greatly. Something I can't seem to get out of my mind." I raised my eyebrows.

Anything that has to do with my mate is my business.

"I fear that Annabel is in danger. But not like before... I think something bad is about to happen to her. We need to bring her here and keep an eye on her, Rizoel." Her eyes were bright with worry and I stood up hurriedly.

"Alright. I'll go get her."

If only I knew it'd be too late.

~Annabel~

My eyes fluttered open and the world around me seemed dark at first. When they finally adjusted to my surroundings, I was surprised to find myself in a huge bedroom. Only, it wasn't mine. It was decorated in a deep blood red and black throughout the room. I got a sudden eerie feeling and I didn't like it.

"Ahh. You're awake my darling." I scrunched my eyebrows as my eyes centered in on the person standing by the door.

Carlos.

"W-where am I?" My voice came out shaky.

"To humans, I suppose you would call it hell. But we call it home. Soon you will too." He grinned evilly at me and I cowered into the bed I was lying on.

Then I realized I wasn't being tied to the bed. I was just lying here, completely unrestrained. As if I wasn't being held against my will. Even though I knew I was.

"Please don't hurt me..." Suddenly my anxiety surfaced.

His grin wiped off his face and he slowly walked over to me. He sat on the bed beside me and reached a hand up to stroke my cheek. I shied away from his touch and he dropped his hand.

"I would never hurt you, Annabel. I only used your dad as a harmless threat to finally have you. You're mine and it's best you realize that. I know you think I'm evil, being a demon and all, but I'm honestly not. I'll be anything you want me to be. I promise." My eyes widened and tears welled up in my eyes.

No. I'm not his! I'm Riz's! And he'll find me! He's probably looking for me right now...

'No he's not, stupid. Remember? You broke his heart. He hates you. He isn't looking for you. You'll never see him again. So stop getting your hopes up.' It was sad to know that my conscious was right.

Carlos stood up and made his way to the door.

"I'll send in a maid to help you pick an outfit for tonight. You'll be meeting my mother in a few hours. She wants to meet her future daughter. Until then, my sweet." He smiled and I almost puked as he shut the door behind him.

I'm in hell. Literally. I need to get out of here but I can't. I know it's useless to try, considering I have no idea how to escape hell. It's not as easy as simply leaving. So I'm stuck here most likely forever. And that thought alone made me break down right there.

There was a knock at the door and a beautiful girl in a black dress walked into the room I was in, shutting the door behind her.

"Pardon me, your highness. I was sent by the lordship to help you pick out a dress." She talked in a deep English accent and for a moment she reminded me of Chapin.

Chapin. Cilix. Riz.

I started bawling again. The maid hurried over to me and collapsed beside me, pulling me into her arms.

"What ever is the matter, your highness?" I shook my head and pulled away.

"Are you being held against your will here too?" She looked taken aback by my question.

"Dear me, you're not being held against your will. His lordship said you're to be his bride. You are to live here. You're already deeply respected, trust me. Now me on the other hand, I am paying the price for not going to heaven." She stood up and pulled me with her.

"Come now. We must get you looking presentable for our queen. She is looking forward to meeting you. Oh by the way..." She leaned in to whisper to me. "Forget about the angel. If his lordship knew you were thinking about him, he'd go absolutely crazy. Listen to what I say. It's for your own good." She sent me a worried look.

"H-how..." She shushed me.

"Do not talk about it. We could be caught. Now your highness, to get you ready." She pulled me into a huge wardrobe.

There were dresses along both sides. They were all dark colors, and suddenly I wished I wasn't so picky about my clothing before. These colors scared me. This whole place scared me.

"I was thinking this one. Do you approve?" A black and blood red dress was held out to me.

It looked like a cross between a wedding dress and ball gown. Even though I hated dark colors, I liked the dress. So I simply nodded and the maid helped me get my dress on.

"Um... I never got your name." I mumbled as she did my hair and makeup.

"My name is Pamela. But you may call me anything you desire. After all, I am not important." I felt bad for her.

"I'll call you Pam. My name is Annabel, but you may call me Ann." I would never allow her to call me Bel.

No one can call me Bel but him.

"Well Ann, you're finally finished." She smiled and turned me to look into the mirror.

I was shocked. The girl in the mirror looked nothing like me. She was stunning, with elegant red curls falling down her back. Her purple eyes twinkled from the mascara on her lashes and her cheeks were rosy from the blush powdered on lightly. Her dress flowed to the floor and accented her tiny waist along with black heels that made her a few inches taller.

She was me.

"Oh my god. Thank you so much Pam. I feel beautiful." Pam smiled at me.

"That you are dear. That you are. Now come, we must go. He is waiting for you." I didn't have to wonder who "he" was.

Pam guided me down a long hall until we reached a door. She knocked three times and lowered her head as the door opened. Standing in the doorway was Carlos, smiling at me. For some reason, it didn't scare me like it used to. It was a genuine smile.

"Come my darling. The queen is waiting."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~

I KNOW I KNOW. I haven't updated in like a million years. Sorry :c I wasn't sure how to end it but oh well. The story is reaching its near end. I only have a few more chapters to go and an epilogue and then I'm finished. There will be no sequel, but don't worry. I'll wrap the story up.

Thanks for reading ^.^

VOTE/COMMENT/FAN :D