~Chapter twenty~ Evil dwells in unexpected places

Back to Annabel POV! Yay :D I think you guys will like this chapter. I cleared up everything that didn't make sense. Hopefully...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~

~Annabel~

My eyes slowly fluttered open and all I saw was bright white light. I gave myself a second to get used to the brightness before I sat up. My surroundings were the same all the way around. Nothingness. Just white. I was alone. Is this what death is supposed to feel like? I felt nothing.

"Hello Annabel. It's so good to finally meet you." I shivered.

"Don't be alarmed. I mean no harm. I am, as Rizoel called me, the big man." Realization dawned on me and I stood up.

"Riz! What happened to him? Is he ok? What happened to me? He looked so hurt... I..." I couldn't even finish my sentence.

"Shhh my dear. Everything will be ok. You, after all, are safe. That's all that matters. You are the prophecy. You are the salvation." A man, God I presume, walked towards me.

I glared at him.

"I don't understand! I'm nothing special. I'm just a human. A weak, stupid human girl. I don't understand why I have an angel soulmate. I'm not good enough for Rizoel. I never will be...." I choked on my words.

"That's where you're wrong." I looked at him with confusion.

"W-what do you mean?" He chuckled and walked so that he was standing right in front of me.

"You aren't a weak, stupid human girl. That would be because you aren't entirely human. And trust me, you definitely aren't weak, or stupid." My eyes widened.

"Now before you panic, there is someone who would like to see you again. She's talked an awful lot about you." A woman came up behind him and my lip started quivering.

"M-mom?" She sadly smiled at me and I ran into her arms.

"Oh how I've missed you darling. My little Anna." The tears were freely pouring from my eyes now.

Ten years. It's been ten years since I've seen my mother. I always thought that would be the last time I saw her. But here she is now. Right in front of me.

"What's going on mom? I don't understand..." She pulled away from me and lightly laughed.

"Come. There is much to learn." She pulled me alongside her and started walking into the nothingness.

Seconds later, a long hallway formed around us and we continued to walk. It seemed endless, just like the possibilities in my life. I knew that much now.

"I see you found your soulmate. Rizoel is a feisty one. Be careful with him. He's not always...good." I wondered what she meant by that.

"Can you elaborate please?" She looked at me with a saddened expression.

"He's not.... How do I put this. He's half angel, half.... Demon." I gasped and pulled away from her.

"What do you mean half demon? As in he has evil inside of him? But his name means thwarter of demons! He's supposed to defeat them! Not be one of them!" My heart was practically beating out of my chest.

"Annabel calm down. Why do you think his wings are black, when angels are supposed to have white wings? Everyone knows he's half demon, except him. We kept this information from him to protect him. His mother is a demon, while his father is an angel. Don't you understand?" I looked down.