~Chapter six~ Hurt and cold

Song to the side is Heroes by David Bowie ->

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~

~Annabel~

The weekend went by fast. It was Sunday and after a rather uneventful weekend, I was bored out of my mind. It was only ten o'clock and my parents weren't home yet again. So after getting dressed and eating something, I grabbed my phone to see it had a message. My heartbeat quickened as I opened it, but automatically slowed down when I realized it was just a text from Kasey.

"Hey! So me, Star, and the boys were gonna head to the mall. Wanna come?"

I sent a quick text back. "Hell yeah!"

"Ok good! We'll be outside in 5 min"

I quickly shot a 'k' before running and tripping over a pile of clothes on my floor. I huffed and stood back up, grabbing my flip flips before checking myself out in the mirror. After I thought I looked good enough, I flew down the steps and grabbed my key and sunglasses before heading outside. The sun was shining brightly in the sky and moments later a yellow convertible rolled into my driveway.

"Hey Annabel! The boys are meeting us there so get in!" Kasey yelled from the driver's seat while Star rolled her eyes.

"Get in loser, we're going shopping." I giggled a little at Star's 'mean girls' quote.

Since the top was down, I hopped in over the car. I mentally cursed at myself because my shorts rolled up and the back of my leg brushed up against it, leaving a nasty scratch. Star and Kasey didn't even notice as we started down the road to the highway.

"So... Angel Owens." I tensed up, knowing they wouldn't leave the conversation we had last night go.

Even though I told them almost everything, I left a few things out. Like the fact he said I was his forever. Although I wanted that to be true, it wasn't... Was it?

"You know he's like, gay right?" Star looked dead serious, turning around in her seat.

"What makes you think that?" I started laughing so hard I couldn't breath. Man, I really should of brought my inhaler.

"Well, he doesn't talk to any girls whatsoever. We just assumed. Until you came along. You are literally the only girl he has EVER talked to. No joke. He's like, the hottest guy in school and yet every time a girl tries to talk to him, he brushes them off and walks away." Yeah. If you don't count the girl that called me a bitch. I mentally rolled my eyes.

"You know, last time I checked, gay guys don't kiss girls on the lips." I added that before throwing my hands up when we hit the highway.

The wind was blowing my hair wildly, and I honestly didn't care. The girls let the matter drop and Kasey turned the radio up. Heroes came on and we started belting out the lyrics. People in the cars beside us were giving us weird looks and I just laughed at them before throwing my head back and closing my eyes.

Soon enough, we arrived at the mall. The boys were sitting outside on a bench waiting for us. Star ran up and jumped into Greg's arms while kissing him. I fake gagged and Greg threw me the middle finger before putting her back down and intertwining their hands. Ok I admit. I was jealous. Not having a boyfriend at all can really take its toll.

"Hey Annabel." Carlos smiled at me.

I waved awkwardly before following everyone inside. Carlos walked beside me, giving me little side glances before adverting his eyes back in front of him. Everyone was hungry, so we headed to the food court. Star sat down next to Greg and Kasey sat next to Star, leaving the two remaining seats open for me to sit between Greg and Carlos.